Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 09-23-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Troublesome Big Slick

Making another attempt at NL ring games. As I recall from my last couple of sessions, I had problems playing (i.e. laying down) AK when the board hits me. This morning I've had AK twice so far... Blinds being 1/2

Hand 1:
Poster in late position. I'm UTG and raise to 7. Poster (small chip stack) calls and so do BB.

Board: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets out 7. I raise to 25 and BB re-raises to 50. I fold! This is a clear fold? BB hasn't been making much moves earlier...

Hand 2:
I'm on the button. I raise to 10 after 2 limpers. Blinds fold, as does the first limper. The second limper now comes alive and re-raises to 35. I folded assuming it's a coinflip at best for me. Correct?

Am I being to careful with AK or is it wise to lay them down on any sign of resistance? Poker Tracker clearly tells me I've been losing to much with this hand...
Old 09-23-2005, 06:27 AM

Default Re: Troublesome Big Slick

Hand 1: Exacty chip stackes would be helpful, as would the suits of your AK.

Hand 2: Looks fine. You're very likely much worse than a coinflip, actually.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:36 AM

Sorry, missed out on that important information. BB's chip stack is equal to mine (~200) and I don't have the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] unfortunately... But, what if I had? Should I re-raise him all-in in that case?
Old 09-23-2005, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, missed out on that important information. BB's chip stack is equal to mine (~200) and I don't have the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] unfortunately... But, what if I had? Should I re-raise him all-in in that case?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the opposite is the case. If you dont have it, then its very possible that he has it (and something like A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. However, the min-3bet is not really indicative of a big draw, rather its a big made hand (TT springs to mind).
Old 09-23-2005, 08:55 AM

if you've been losing a lot w/ AK, just call when you hit TPTK, don't get crazy w/ just top pair.

hand 1 - ever consider limping UTG? (assuming this is full table) as for the fold, looks standard. i don't see how AK can beat a 3 bet, i think you're chopping at best

hand 2 - good fold, most limp re-raises are big pocket pairs. so yes, you were a coinflip at best.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

hand 1 - ever consider limping UTG? (assuming this is full table) as for the fold, looks standard. i don't see how AK can beat a 3 bet, i think you're chopping at best

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point... I now remember a good friend of mine telling me he almost always limp AK from EP. I'll do it in the future, mixing up with a few raises of course.