Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 02:18 PM

Default hmm

Opponent is 30/18/1.39. Turn standard or do people check it? River comments too please!

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (8 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
Old 09-16-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: hmm

That's a pretty nice hand. I'm assuming he rivered a nine on you? Or he had A8. I think that checking the turn is best, with the intention of raising if he bets, he folds all non pairs (although when i think about this, it's a pretty see through move) and you can still get there. Also the river bet works more often. (assuming he doesn't have an 8 or hit a nine) I would imagine you lost the hand since he called.

The only real discussion is the turn, and the more I think about it the more i think betting is best. If you had a read on him you could 3-bet, will he ever fold? I don't understand what the call/bet out line accomplishes over the call/ check fold line. The 3-bet/bet out line seems better than call/bet out when you miss. But that's just me
Old 09-16-2005, 02:47 PM

1.39 total agg is not out of line. Turn bet is standard as you have 6 pair outs and a possible 9 flush outs. I'm usually check/folding the river. Seems like he has a hand to me.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:59 PM

Interesting. I would fire again most of the time on the turn unless it was an overcard-ish [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and hope that he bails an Ace-high. Plus, getting raised is not that big of a deal (unless he is semi-bluffing with the A or K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]). I assume the river bet is to give him one last chance to drop an A?
Old 09-16-2005, 07:42 PM

I like betting the turn here.

Board is garbage for the most part; so its unlikely he hit it too strong. You get a fold here pretty often.

I check/fold the river, but I think it is interesting. While Ace of spades is one of the hands he pops the turn with that he likely folds on river, he calls with ace high in this big pot from time to time to.
All other hands or pairs call you down.

I dont know if he folds often enough. I dont think alot of players fold often enough to make this profitable.

what is his wtsd?
Old 09-16-2005, 07:55 PM

Do you have this guy's steal stats?

Anyway, I think the flop and turn are standard. The river bet is sort of interesting, but I suspect it won't work often enough against someone with his stats to make it profitable.