Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 08-27-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Car Accident

After reading the information you provide, I wouldn't worry about paying for his damage. The argument can be made that you were both equally to blame. When you're involved in an accident, it is important to report it right away. In my state, it is a crime (misdemeanor) if you don't report an accident with either personal injury or property damage > $1000. I can't say for certain, but I'm sure your state has similar laws. I think you are probably all set.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:39 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i would contact him incase my contact info was lost or illegible. leave a message, that sort of thing. after that it's up to him, but i think i would make at least one active effort to reach him.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm like "owned," and I point to my hat.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you mean "point to your hat" like this? Because this is honestly the only thing I can think of when you say that

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that was exactly what I meant. Yes, I really did it.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:49 PM

For future reference. You should always get a police report. If you didn't, and left the scene, he could file a hit and run on you. Dick move, yes, especially if he himself was a cop, but I'd rather have myself covered.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt he was a cop. regardless, he didn't want the cops to come or for it to be turned in to the insurance companies because he was afraid it was his fault, or he didn't have insurance. fix you car and forget about it. if he comes after you, turn it over to your insurance company.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm, now that I think about it, you should hire a PI (or stalk him yourself) and figure out what kind of shady business he's into. Then blackmail him.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:47 AM

I'd say you're the one who got owned here. He probably would have had to pay for your damages at best, at worst you were definitely not paying for him and he knew it. All the noobs suggesting you call him had better mean that you're trying to get him to pay for YOUR damage.

Never admit fault in at an accident scene (doesn't sound like you did, but nonetheless, don't). I wouldn't immediately volunteer your registation and license either. You need to get out and see what the cards hold, then make the call. In this case you didn't get burned, but in some less fortunate circumstances you could have taken a big loss.

NT
Old 08-28-2005, 02:51 AM

He had no insurance and did not want the cops to be called? I would not worry about it unless you want your car fixed and think he may have to pay for it.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]