Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 06:07 AM

Default 5/10 stars hand from a while ago.

I have around $2500, and the table covered. Villian has $1200.

It's four handed and I've been playing for about 40 minutes. Most of the players are new comers, no reads on villian.

I limp UTG+1 (or the button) with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], small blind folds, BB checks.

Flop comes 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Villian leads for $20, and I think for about 4 seconds and raise to $60.

I think villian has either a pocket pair, a 10, or a 5 here. He could of course also have a spade draw, but I figure that to be unlikely, as I have two spades.

He calls.

Turn, $145, 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
He checks, I bet $80, he calls.

River $305, Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
He checks, I bet $175, he...?

What do you think of my line so far?

Thoughts on villians hand? What do you think I thought his hand was? I especially want thoughts on the flop raise.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: 5/10 stars hand from a while ago.

I like the raise on the flop, although I think I might have gone to $80 or $100, really trying to take it down right there. You hit a perfect card on the turn, but I think the bet there should be $150 or so. You want to make it so a player with a 10 either doesn't have odds to draw for the boat, or so when he raises, he has to put a lot of money in the pot, in this case, at least $300 if he raises. On the end, I like the bet. He made it clear that he has a calling hand, and you want to get paid. I'll ask this again in this thread...what's your plan if he puts the rest of his money in after you bet the river?

ChewyMint
Old 07-16-2005, 01:26 PM

Assuming he isn't crazy, if check-raises you here this is probably the easiest lay down.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:33 PM

Villian called and had A10.

While at the start I was skeptical about getting heavily involved on the flop with a draw to the non-nut flush on a paired board, I figured : A) I had a good shot at taking it down and B) He could often have a 10 here and pay me off pretty decently. I think I should have bet more on the river and turn. When he called the turn I was 90% sure he had atleast trips or a flush. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2005, 07:44 PM

Why didnt you bet more on the river?He is probably folding for that amount with a PP so you should try to maxime when he has a ten I think $240-250 would be better, maybe betting full pot if he is loose