Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 07-12-2005, 07:37 AM

Default Re: AK I don\'t know what to do

[ QUOTE ]
By likely enough, I'd estimate I'm behind with 5-6 outs > 70% of the time. What do you think and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant be arsed with the math but if its 70% of the time then i think i'm at least close to right to say you can simply call him down profitably

i think you need to have a view about what he has - i think it looks horrible to call this bet and fold to a turn bet unimproved

[ QUOTE ]
The tough players will donk the river, do you usually call?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure if the tough players donk the river or its tough when the river is donked - calling the river is my signature play so i probably call

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 07-12-2005, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The tough players will donk the river, do you usually call?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure if the tough players donk the river or its tough when the river is donked - calling the river is my signature play so i probably call

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it's tough when the river is donked. Usually, loose not-passive players do this. Tough play, not tough opponent.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That board is very LAGIsh friendly. The pot is small, and you are trying to outplay a LAG who've you just admitted would not be betting the flop with just overcards. The turn sealed your fate. Let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]
BB (who I mistyped as SB on the flop) is the "seems tightish" player who has bet the flop and turn.

UTG folded on the flop and is a verified lag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so the maybe tightish player then. The SB called 2 cold out of the blind. I put him on AK-all, AQs, KQs, 22-TT. With the very remote possibility of AA-KK, and KQs.

Te flop gives you overcards and a backdoor nut flush draw. I want to see this turn, preferably for only one small bet. Typically, I reraise in this spot with position and check the turn unimproved. Dependes on the board texture and player. If I do fire on the turn again, with that turn, I'm folding to a 3-Bet.