Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Best method for reviewing hands?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It depends what type of laptop you have. There should be a slot in the back of your laptop that takes a typical monitor plug. If so, plug it in and power it up. Then go to your display settings and see if you can stretch your desktop onto both monitors (otherwise the new monitor will just show the same display as the laptop screen).

To whoever asked how I keep track of the hand: I write the hand and a tiny bit of the situation, something that confused me maybe. examples:

JTs raise turn?
66 preflop
red KK fold river?

That type of stuff.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I just hooked up a second monitor, but its the same as my normal one. im looking for this 'extend desktop' option and dont see it...maybe im not able to do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it depends on your video card. I use a desktop with a 9800PRO, so I don't have any problems with it. What you should see on the choose pixel size screen is 2 screens in the display, one probably labeled 1 and the other labeled 2. Click the secondary one, and there should be a checkbox for "extend desktop onto this monitor" or something. You can also move the boxes from left to right (or up or down) depending on what order your secondary one is on (whether you set it up on the left or right).
Old 06-24-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Best method for reviewing hands?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When your playing, make a note of hands where you were unsure what to do while playing. I have a little text file I note hands in while I'm 4 tabling, so later I can find them and look closer.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

this is, 100% exactly, the method i use. do i know you?

btw it really helps, too. when you make one loose call or something it doesnt seem so bad, but when at the end of the night you realize you made the same loose call a couple times...well, that's no bueno.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I always do this and typically post them on here to get thoughts. But it's easy to make mistakes and not realize you're making them at the time. For example, I've looked through a few of my QQ hands (my biggest loser as far as premium hands go) and found a bunch of mistakes. Mostly playing too aggressively and calling down too much when it's clear I'm beat.