Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Importance of PT stats

This is just a general question about VPIP and PFR. I notice that most people on here say that a healthy VPIP is around 20 and PFR at around 8-10 I believe. Whether limit, or NL, my stats have always hovered around 18/6. I guess this would make me Weak/Tight?

I guess my question is, am I missing out on a lot of extra profit by playing weaker PF than is generally thought to be ideal? Or can a player with these stats also maximize winnings with correct post flop play?

I will give a few examples of hands which I do not raise PF unless I am blind stealing. I assume 8-10% PFR players are raising PF with these hands.

88, 99, TT, KQo, AJo and sometimes AQo

Concerning post flop, I am also usually fairly quick to bail if my TT and below do not flop a set. Factors included in the decision to fold include how many people in the pot and how many overcards. But in general, I usually don't call down or try to make a move, with TT and below without a set.

I was hoping to get some comments on this kind of play and if you think I am losing money with this style. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Importance of PT stats

I didn't get any replies when I posted this the other day. I am bumping this in the hopes that someone has a comment. thanks.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:57 AM

what games are you playing
Old 06-13-2005, 11:59 AM

An 18% VPIP is perfectly fine. A very good post-flop player could add a few more hands here and there, but 18% is not unduly tight at all.

6% PFR is definitely too low, though. You should be raising with 99 most of the time, TT basically all the time, KQo at least most of the time, AJo at least most of the time, and AQo basically all of the time. You need to get comfortable making these sorts of raises.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:01 PM

You should be raising more pre-flop. The dumping of TT without a set is very board dependent. Why don't you post some hands? It's hard for people to give general advice since poker is so situation dependent.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:21 PM

I have switched over to limit this past month. I play 1/2 limit holdem on stars. Before that I played NL 50 and 100 on stars.