Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 12:17 AM

Default General Question

Okay, blinds are at 25/50...and i've got 1700 in chips. I'm in the bb with JJ.....early position raises to 125...2 callers....i call....flop is 10 9 6 rainbow. Early position bets pot...2 folders i call.....turn is 2....he only has 250 left and moves all in...i call...he turns up KK.....any suggestions on this hand where i went wrong or what i could have done differently. This scenerio comes up a lot of for me and am having trouble in general in tournaments because of this play exactly.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: General Question

Not much wrong with your play... though I would have reraised his flop bet if I didn't know much about his style.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:41 AM

Outcome still comes out to be the same. His bet on flop only left him with 200 left, even if i raise him all in, i still walk into kings and get a nice shot in the azz with no vasoline. Just feel as though maybe i shoulda sensed i was beat. Maybe early in tournament shoulda just let it go and wait for a better situation. from what ur reading does it seem like i got lost in the hand?
Old 08-28-2005, 01:23 AM

Nothing you can do there.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:53 AM

You think he would pot bet this into 3 people with overcards or an underpair to the board?
Old 08-28-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You think he would pot bet this into 3 people with overcards or an underpair to the board?

[/ QUOTE ]

JQ, A10, etc, etc.. You made no error.

I'd have put him all in on the flop. Even if you are behind (doubtful) you have more cards to catch up with.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JQ, A10, etc, etc.. You made no error.

I'd have put him all in on the flop. Even if you are behind (doubtful) you have more cards to catch up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

A10-yes, QJ maybe, what is the "etc, etc"...The raiser is early, and even if he had A10, A9, or QJ, i think most players would push the flop here with that type of hand, rather than leave themselves with 200. In addition, hero has JJ, meaning QJ and KJ are less likely.