Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Atlantic City - Planning ahead

I live in Montreal, and the city is almost dead when it comes to live play. Me and my roommate decided to go to Atlantic City on July 22-24, but we need some more careful planning...

I'm a NLHE SnG player, but my best game is NLHE MTTs. I can defend my own in the other HORSE games. My first instinct is to find a good ~$100 NLHE MTT tournament and play one each day, but I'm open to suggestions.

The idea is to spend less than $400 for the 2 days in games and accommodation. Please tell me If you think that's too little.

So here goes the questionnaire...

1. Where to stay?

2. What are the best games in town for the n00bs here?

3. Is it more interesting to play the ring games than the tournaments?

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Atlantic City - Planning ahead

Interesting, as my cousin and I are heading in for July 23rd through the 25th and doing the same type of planning.

We've decided to play one MTT at each of the Big 3. We're playing the Sunday morning $100 at the Trop - the Monday noon $50 at the Taj - and the Monday night $100 at Borgatta. We'll be playing ring games as well, pretty much before and after each tournament. We're staying at the HoJo on some package where we get coin (that we'll just cash in) and a few meals.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:37 PM

Thats too little. 2 weekend nights in a hotel in AC, 2 $100 (+ $vig) tournaments, for $400? The math don't work.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats too little. 2 weekend nights in a hotel in AC, 2 $100 (+ $vig) tournaments, for $400? The math don't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you'll be able to do that...but that will be IT. You can squeeze into a ho-hum hotel for $150 a night on the weekend, so that's $150 for your half of 2 nights. The Trop tourney is $115 ($215 if you take the add-on) and the Taj is $65. You're at $380, and that doesn't take into account food, etc. And if you bust out of the tourney early, you've got a lot of time sitting in a hotel room because you've got no money for anything else. I'm guessing you need at least 600 or 700 for this excursion. Or just cash in a tournament, and you'll be fine.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:21 PM

If you go to Orbitz you can get rooms at El Greco for $78 a night. As long as all you need is a bed its not that bad.

-Yarney
Old 06-28-2005, 06:34 PM

I agree with trevorwc. Bring extra cash for rebuys and add ons or you will be very bored.