Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2005, 10:10 PM

Default haha party support just gave me $20 on my next deposit

First, some background.

I have money in Party and Eurobet and want to do the empire bonus. So being the idiot I am, and thinking that I will be get both of my cashouts in neteller at the same time, I withdrew this morning from both accounts.

Of course its like 7 hours later and Eurobet hasn't hit. So I IM Dbowling and ask him to do a $200 inter account transfer to Party so I can play some poker right now because I'm bored out of my mind, he doesn't have any money in there but does have some in Empire, but I am not 100% sure I can do an interaccount transfer, and then deposit and get the $200 bonus, so I call Party support (hey, they'd know) and ask them.

The guy has zero freaking clue as to what I'm talking about, and then he tells me that there isn't a party bonus right now, but he is going to go ahead and give me a $20 bonus on my next deposit!

Sweet $20 for free!

You'd think there would be something on customer support's computer screen that says "This guy plays assloads of poker on party, don't give him anything for free!" but I guess not.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: haha party support just gave me $20 on my next deposit

Congrats on your $20.

Maybe I should just write to them and each of their skins on a daily basis and ask various questions (either one's that make sense....or one's that make no sense whatsoever) until they just decide to give me $20 to leave them alone. LOL.

I'm more amazed at how frequently party has no freaking clue what their customers are talking about.

I'm sure they get their fair-share of customers who ask really vague questions that make no sense....and also quite a few e-mails from players who think party is rigged because their opponent capped with T2s and OBVIOUSLY knew what cards were coming.

I also suspect they get an incredible volume of e-mails and phone-calls so occasional misunderstandings are to be expected.

But, generally, the number of times they don't have any idea at all is just amazing to me.

Comparitively, almost every time I have asked a question to pokerstars support (and I believe paradise is about as good as well....although I have less experience there) I usually get a reply that not only answers my question very intelligently but also addresses a couple of other issues that might be related to my original question and of interest also.

So....from my experiences at Stars....I feel that I know FOR FACT that it really is possible to hire enough competent personnel (at whatever wages they get) to provide intelligent support.

I was thinking about this the other day and was going to post an example of a stars e-mail that I received last month from a question I asked.
I was going to try to track down one of the worthless party-type replies as well to make the distinction obvious.... but if I can't find it then it probably isn't necessary anyway since we all know how goofy their answers can be.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:27 PM

Nice job. I recently signed up for pokernow. At the time I was a day late for the 50% bonus up to $50 for new years. They still had the banner on the main lobby advertising it. So I decided to give it a shot. I didn't work so I e-mailed the CSR let them know they had an expired add on in the main lobby. One hr later they emailed me, let me know I had $50 dollars waiting in my account (not bonus money).
Old 01-08-2005, 10:27 PM

micro i really hope you type 100 words a minute, otherwise I like get mad at myself when you reply to my posts.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:38 PM

LOL -
obviously I ramble A LOT when I get the caffeine going in me.

I don't know how fast I type actually....never took any classes or anything. My mom used to be the secretary for the governor of Wisconsin ("Jane!! Take a memo!!") so it has been speculated that fast-typing might be genetic on that side of the family.

I just crank out whatever thoughts I have while I'm multi-tabling....and I REALLY need to stop wasting my time composing such ridiculously long essays (belated new year's resolution).

I really don't even realize how freaking LONG my posts are until I see them later (and others tell me "Bob. Dude. Please chill.")

But, again, blame it on the caffeine (on my 3rd cup right now).
Old 01-09-2005, 12:29 AM

3rd cup at 9:40 P.M. And you're this hyped? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I would hate to see how long your posts were if you drank the 18 cans of Mt. Dew a day I do !!! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2005, 12:37 AM

well for him it was 11:40, so i don't think its that bad.