Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 02:22 AM

Default Who is Barron Vangor Toth and why does he like 2+2 so much?

How Much Money Is Enough?
06:03 PST | Barron Vangor Toth |
If you answered X+1, where X is equal the amount of money you have at any given time, you are correct. In the movie "Tombstone," Doc Holliday puts it best: "A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of himself. And he can never steal enough, or kill enough, or cause enough pain to fill it up. And so he walks the earth, forever seeking retribution..." I believe that sums it up, except applied to the almighty dollar. 2+2 has some thoughts on how much money you really need in life, which should let us all know when we can be done extracting money out of the poker community in order to pay for the finer things in life.

Why is Negreanu Having the Challenges?
05:08 PST | Barron Vangor Toth |
While many would agree that STACKED's own Daniel Negreanu is the greatest poker player of all time, it still seems like a bad idea to let people pick their best game against him in a challenge match, because while he is overall the best, perhaps there are others better than him in some obscure poker game. For example, while I don't have $500,000 to put up, I think I might be better-than-even-money in a heads-up Barron's Rulz Classic. Still, he is decimating the competition and picking up thousands and millions in the process. So is that the only reason he's doing it? 2+2 has some thoughts.

Who Are the Top 10 Tournament Players?
05:06 PST | Barron Vangor Toth |
Nothing spells fun faster than f-u-n like a 2+2 debate over who are the top 10 tournament players of all time. Check out that amazing list from yours truly...

How Will Negreanu Spend Greenstein $?
05:01 PST | Barron Vangor Toth |
There are many pressing issues in our society in 2005, but possibly none more urgent than figuring out what STACKED's own Daniel Negreanu will be doing with the millions ... and millions ... of extra dollars he's picking up from people foolish enough to believe they stand a chance in the ring with him. 2+2 tackles this topic.

You Feel Not Unlucky, Punk?
01:14 PST | Brandon Hammonds |
Simple question from 2+2 -- you're playing heads up and have the opportunity to risk your entire bankroll preflop on pocket aces -- do you risk it? Quite an intriguing question. For someone such as Daniel Negreanu whose bankroll is larger than the GDP of many nations the answer is clearly "no." For someone such as me who has only the bankroll to two-table .02/.04 the answer is clearly "yes." What about those who find themselves somewhere in between these two extremes?

Who Would Negreanu NOT Want to Play?
07:26 PST | Barron Vangor Toth |
STACKED's own Daniel Negreanu may be the best poker player ever, and he's proven it time and time again and continues to prove it as he racks up huge profits in his heads-up open challenge. But recently in his personal forums he wrote about some people he wouldn't want to play:
Phil Ivey, John Hennigan, and Ted Forrest. All three would force me to raise my level of play to keep up. All three are better stud players than me, but I think I might be in good shape against them in Omaha H/L. Other than that, though, I'd be really nervous of getting wiped out by those guys.

Naturally, 2+2 had some thoughts on Daniel's post.

Will 2006 WSOP Be Even Bigger...?
07:08 PST | Barron Vangor Toth |
Not according to Granny Mae over at 2+2, for a variety of reasons that include the winner's place of birth, how he got his seat, and the flat payout structure. Naturally, it's thoughts abounding from the think-tank that is 2+2.

Impressions of Pros
00:17 PST | Brandon Hammonds |
What could be worse than judging poker pros based on your three minutes of contact with them? Judging poker pros based on anonymous internet strangers' opinions of poker pros based on their three minutes of contact with them. Oh how I love 2+2.

shew!
http://www.planetstacked.com/#PQN495740