Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Possible answer to the cents / hand & bonus@pp VIP issue

np. clearly i meant "deducted" and not "directed"
Old 10-20-2005, 10:04 PM

Meh, I just realized this could be problematic. My MGR is around 6-10k a month, but my friend's other signups are pretty low volume guys. If I take the cents/hand deal and it causes his collective MGR to be sub-$10,000, he (and in turn I) receive 20% instead of 25%... blehh.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:29 AM

From what I understand, it is not a complete wash.

Im at work so I dont have PT and my figures, but I think the average rake at 3/6 full is somewhere around $2 a hand. Meaning your MGR is about .20 For arguments sake, lets really lowball that and say its only .14

Party deducts 100% of the .06 it pays back to you, and leaves a total of +.08 MGR. Assume you can get back 25% of that from your affiliate (.02) and you can see the cumulative effect of the two incentives.

To phrase it more simply, you get 100% rakeback for the first 6.6 cents and then 25+% after that. Depending on your affiliate deal and the limit you play, this could be generating 35% of your rake back.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:51 PM

I just got my phone-call right now (she tried calling a couple days ago but I didn't have my phone on me).

I was still half-asleep when the phone-rang but knew it might be Party and I didn't want to miss it (evidently party doesn't believe in voice-mails).

My offer was a bit less than most....but I have been playing some at Party this whole time.
Anyway, it's only for October and she said she would call me back on Nov 1.

My offer was just $700 for 18k raked-hands in Oct.
In my scrambled-brain state I was trying to not sound ungrateful AND confirm that it sounded like less than $0.03/hand off the top of my head and she confirmed that this was correct.
She asked what I had hoped for and I mentioned that I had read that others are getting 5 or 6 cents per hand...and that less than 3-cents per hand is less than what I can make on some other sites.
but she wasn't changing it for me (not this month anyway).

She also confirmed that it was flexible regarding whether I went over or under the goal. But this wasn't really what she meant....I think she meant that I would get the same ration per hand pretty much.

Finally, I learned that I had played almost 8k hands in October so far AND that the hands that I had already played go towards this goal.
I was misunderstanding this part initially.

This basically means that she was offering me some more cash-back on the hands that I had ALREADY played and I was essentially telling her to give me more.
I apologized and said that I didn't realize she was also including hands I had already played.

I said, "well, that's fine...lets go with this goal now and I look forward to talking with you again on Nov 1."

Also - I'm travelling for the final week of October so won't be getting in too much more play anyway.

I'm hoping that I can convince them that I can play even more at Party if they make it worth my while.

I'm satisfied that the ball is officially rolling and that they are coming up with something for higher volume players.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:57 PM

Hey Bob - apologies if I missed this before, but did you email them at the bonus@ address or did you place a phone call?

If it was email, how was it worded?

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2005, 02:25 PM

thats like 2.56 cents per played hand if you assume ~2/3'rds of all your hands are raked-that really sux bad. But at least its a starting point I guess.

You should have gotten an offer of at least 4-5 cents per played hand.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:41 PM

Yeah...that was kind of my reaction.

But this offer is only for the month of October.

It includes the hands I have already played....and since I'm travelling I'm not going to be playing much more this month anyway.
So I didn't fight it and just allowed them to give me the free-cash basically.

Also, as I said, the phone woke me up....so I was a bit more confused than I usually am.

If they don't give me $0.05/hand for November then I will likely be playing elsewhere (and will tell her again that various bonuses and incentives on other sites are better than that).

Regarding how I got them: She had already e-mailed me earlier to tell me that I was a part of the VIP-club and they gave me a complimentary $100 as a gift.
So I e-mailed her address back directly since she is my official representative.
I also e-mailed the bonus@pp address but I am guessing that it just got cycled back to her.

It's obvious to me that since so many haven't even gotten responses that they are probably still putting this together AND are perhaps understaffed to meet the inquiry-demand.

I mentioned that I play up to 50k hands a month at a variety of sites and that I have accounts at empire, ub, stars, etc etc but that I am looking forward to bringing more of my play back to party.
Something like that anyway.

I really can't promise that my way will work the best.

Somebody mentioned that if YOU are the one trying to contact THEM that they might not give you such a hot offer.

Well...I contacted them, and got the worst offer that we have read about so far at less than $0.03/hand.

However, this may also be due to the fact that I usually don't play very high...and that we're now deep into the month of October.

Hopefully something better in November awaits.
If not...no biggie.

The fact is, I like the fishy players at Party so much that I would still spend part of my time there even with zero rake-back.
So something is better than nothing.

Also - I had already played enough points from the pop-up offer to get my $110 bonus (for 4k points or something I think). So I'm essentially getting paid AGAIN for those hands that I played.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:19 PM

thanks for the info Bob

I'm talking to them on the phone right now. They say they didnt receive my first 2 emails sent to bonus@partypoker.com.

Just spoke to a customer service supervisor and they really seem amenable to helping high volume players--things just seem like you said not settled yet.

I think this is going to work out ...may take a couple days or weeks..but even if I get an offer that appears low at first if I put in solid monthly hours..they will see this and adjust incentives correspondingly hopefully.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:36 PM

Did you call them or they call you? Could you pm me the phone #?
Old 10-21-2005, 03:38 PM

VIP@partypoker.com is where to send inquiries.

For some reasons Party is not receiving any of my emails to bonus@partypoker.com from 2 different email accounts. We succesfully exchanged test emails using info@partypoker.com

I spent like an hour on the phone with them on this both people I spoke to were very helpful and spoke English well!!..here's where it stands:

A VIP Loyalty Program cs rep will call within 24 hours to speak about incentives. If a VIP rep doesnt call I have this rep's name and work schedule ..so this is a step forward in a big way.