Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 01:00 PM

Default RE: poker academy $29 or $129

Hi all
Was considering purchasing poker academy
but which one!
It appears to me the major difference is the heads up play simulation that the more expensive version has!!
Given that i would use that simulation is it worth $100 extra.
id appreciate any feedback.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: RE: poker academy $29 or $129

I have the PA Pro 2.0 version ($129) and bough the Standard ($29) version for my brother, so I have some exposure to both.

Personally, I think if you are serious about studying the game then you should get the Pro version. It has some more advanced bots and more analysis tools. If you just want to play, then get the Standard version.

Also, the developers often incorporate user suggestion into future releases. So, if there is something you feel is missing you can make a suggestion to add it that won't fall on deaf ears.

A comparison of the two products can be found at:
http://www.poker-academy.com/product...compare-us.php
Old 11-29-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: RE: poker academy $29 or $129

I use the Pro version and love it, well worth the money I think. It has every possible playing style imaginable and the bots will try bluffs and push you around by playing big stack poker. The analysis tools are good too, I can see if I'm playing too loose or too tight, too aggressive, too passive and all sorts of other stuff. I play this alot whenever I feel like playing but am too tired to put too much thought into playing against people and dont feel like paying that much attention to what they are doing. I highly recommend it if you are wanting to study how you play over the long haul without losing your bankroll to dumb mistakes. And yes the bots will chase straights and flushes on you just like humans do.