Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 05:03 AM

Default Politically Incorrect WSOP Post

Christian, American, White, Males. Surely well more than half the starting field fit this criteria. Of the final 27 I count five or so. And one of them is our own Greg Raymer who as a 2+2er, doesn't really count.

Almost surely not a coincidence. They don't want to ask directions. And they won't admit there are people smarter than them who can teach them something. Whether it be religion, science, or poker.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Politically Incorrect WSOP Post

Whoa, you just like...blew my mind man.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:28 AM

This post is so stupid on so many levels. I gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are drunk and will delete it when you sober up.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:35 AM

what a patently ridiculous assertion. i'm pretty sure you know that and thus made this post/thread for your own amusement.

could there be other assertions? I mean, do you think that somebody like Tiffany Williamson is better at big bet poker than somebody like Daniel Negreanu?

Even if 75% of the field is white, and 95% of the field is male, and 90% of the field is American, then you'd have to assume that something like 75% of THOSE are Christians. since this is MUCH less than random Americans, that's HIGHLY unlikely.

I would guess more like 25 - 30% of the field was Christian, American, White Males (all four, not just one of the four).

Now, of those who fit the category, it is very safe to assume that they are probably newer to poker. I would assume that the recent increase in poker players is largely from pools who would previously not consider playing poker.

I mean, honestly, do you think that there are tons more backroom-bars-in-Texas-with-guns-on-the-table games now? or more church-fundraising games? two years ago, many Christians wouldn't think of playing, but now many find it acceptable.

this doesn't mean that they "won't admit there are people smarter than them who can teach them something".

if you are serious with this post, your reasoning is pathetic.

Josh
Old 07-14-2005, 05:49 AM

When I said Christian, I meant non Jewish, non Muslim, non, Buddhist. Didn't mean only religious Christians. Also remember that some ot the foreigners are Christian. Plus the attributes I ascribed to them (uninterested in learning from others) was just an average of course. Still I have little doubt that attribute is more common among the group mentioned.

The syndrome also has little to do with newbies. When you go into the Bellagio and look at games over 80-160 you will see that more than two thirds of the players are either, foreign, Jewish, Black or female. And that has been true for a long time. But it isn't true for medium size games.

Before anyone gets too insulted by my post I need to point out that it is just a continuation of my never ending quest to make sure that people know that the typical American, especially the ones who have had it easy for quite a while, are woefully uneducated and couldn't care less. They get away with their ignorance because this country can give them pretty much a free ride with only about 5% of the citizens being competant. And by competant I usually mean mathematically, logically or scientifically competant. And while a majority of Americans are guilty of this incompetance, the non Jewish, non Asian segment is more guilty, for whatever reason.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:53 AM

Not too many mexicans either. Which is unsurprising, because they're so lazy.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The syndrome also has little to do with newbies. When you go into the Bellagio and look at games over 80-160 you will see that more than two thirds of the players are either, foreign, Jewish, Black or female. But it isn't true for medium size games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the eugenics movement wasn't all its cracked up to be.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:12 AM

whats a non-religious Christian?

then you say "remember that some ot the foreigners are Christian." Um, even so, doesn't that exclude them from the "White American Male Christian category"?

You made an estimation that is off by 30% or more. Don't become one of those people who refuse to learn now.

Josh
Old 07-14-2005, 06:24 AM

"You made an estimation that is off by 30% or more. Don't become one of those people who refuse to learn now."

Josh

I estimate that the percentage of original starters who were, foreign, female, black or Jewish was well under 50%. That is what I was getting at.

Also your comment about Daniel being a better player than tiffany was particularly silly. For three reasons.

1. I'm talking about a statistical average, not individual cases.

2. He just recently became a devout Christian. As did all of these poker playing born agains that I am aware of. They all were expert poker players first. I still maintain that being devoutly religious stifles the quest for knowledge, especially non Jewish religions.

3. He is Canadian
Old 07-14-2005, 06:28 AM

Thank goodness we have someone with this kind of insight creating our future Religion for us as well. David will certainly go down in History.

PairTheBoard