Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Overpair on paired flop.

2-4 nl at royal vegas poker. I have 400 and everyone involved has me covered. My image is loose agressive, maybe even a little wild. I showed off a few good bluffs to get action later.

4 limpers to me on the button. I have JJ. I raise to 28 which is a big enough raise, to make it look like im stealing the limps. I get two callers, no reads on one but the other is a thinking player.

91 in pot. Flop comes T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Checked to me, I want to bet weak to look like I have AK and have a pp come over the top. I bet 44. Thinking player takes his time before min raising to 88. Other player thinks and calls. Action to me. My read is a T is not out there. Im either up against 55 or lower PP. Fold, Call, Raise or push and why?
Old 06-15-2005, 04:21 PM

Default cmon i really need help with this one

Bump
Old 06-15-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Overpair on paired flop.

Why do you think a ten is not out there but 55 is? If I were looking at this action in third-person I would be terrified of a ten.

How tight is the thinking player? That he thinks doesn't help us very much.

I think your flop bet is too small. If you were really bluffing or were weak, would you bet 44 to encourage someone to come over the top?

If you are seriously confident you have the best hand (which I am not convinced of), I would push the flop. Too many cards you hate to see on the turn, esp. against two players. If they both have lower PP's you will not know if they fill up or not and will lose your stack. A heart or overcards also could cost you the pot. Against 1 opponent you might call, but with 2 I don't think you can screw around. Hopefully they will put you on a flush draw+overcards and make a marginal call with 77, which is more likely with your image.

p.s. I would have bet more to begin with so that if I pushed here it wouldn't be an overbet.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Overpair on paired flop.

I would most likely just call here especially if they view you as a very loose and agressive. You could easily put one of them on a flush draw and if a heart or over does not come on turn then you should bet out again making a bet about slighty more than double the size of your last one. If you are reraised again fold immediately and if you only get a call you are probably good unless one of them decided to limp in with aa-qq in which case that reraise on the flop makes a lot of sense.