Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Going off the deep end

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it great that a floor person in a carpet showroom can be condescending?

[/ QUOTE ]

This same attitude can be found among salespeople in many places. In my experience, shoe salesmen are often some of the worst. In general, a lot of these people trick themselves into thinking that they are of the same socio-economic status as their customers, which is rarely anywhere close to reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

ElD,

Is it possible they do this to trick people into buying? They get the person to be like "Hey, I'll show you I can afford this!" And then they buy the item like a knucklehead.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:45 PM

fix your avatar first.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:28 PM

You should talk to the manager about this right away, and also consider writing a letter to the president of the company or any other higher-ups than anyone who works at that branch of the store. I've seen this work like crazy for a crank lawyer I used to work for.

This will get you three things:

1. Personal satisfaction that you've done all you can and are not a wuss or someone who doesn't care about your girlfriend and shows it to her.

2. Satisfaction for her that you're not that kind of a guy.

3. A chance that you might get the merchandise you were after at a discount as the manager's way of making amends. This kind of thing results in freebies or heavy discounts quite frequently in my experience.

I agree with letting the girl doing the talking. Your being there as a bully taking center stage will undermine her and look ridiculous. Your being there as her quiet, neat, tastefully dressed back-up will make them less likely to just openly deny that it ever happened or that it was all some funny ha-ha joke or didn't matter.

The worst thing you can do is let the matter alone. You won't get the discount or the apology if you do, and your girl will be left feeling bad, and so will you. No matter what they say, no woman likes the idea of her guy not backing her up, however futile or unwarranted. And in this case, it's not unwarranted and there's an excellent chance it's not futile.

Tell your girl to see if you can get yourself not only an apology but a discount out of this.

What you want to do is not trap the manager in a corner where he can't get out except by brushing you off or making the situation even worse, but provide him an out -- you want to let him save face instead of lose it, by giving him the opportunity to make things right. Which could put dollars in your pocket.

Satisfaction for righting a wrong, backing up your girl, and getting paid for it at the same time is one hell of a hat trick. Go for it.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, but if it turns out to be the owner, kick his dog over a bridge, then turn to him and say "THAT'S how I roll..."

[/ QUOTE ]
"where are you?"

"i am in a GLASS FULL OF EMOOOOOTTTION!"
Old 07-25-2005, 10:56 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with letting the girl doing the talking. Your being there as a bully taking center stage will undermine her and look ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all in the presentation. Many guys can handle it for the woman without coming across as a bully. This type of situation is actually kind of serious which will overshadow alot of what it may appear as far as the woman not being able to handle herself. I've seen this done, and have had it done while I was out on jobs. The best way is to present it as a team. Calmly. If you know what I mean. That is, if she's not comfortable doing it on her own. Which many women aren't.

That's only a minor point though. I agree with your post.

b
Old 07-25-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus that way, you can at least walk out with a nice pair of shoes."

[/ QUOTE ]

A man said that? A girly faggot man, maybe.
Who really cares about a girly faggot working as a salesman in a carpet store? Take your girl out to a nice resturant for dinner.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:46 PM

what does it mean to key a car?
thx
Old 07-26-2005, 12:36 AM

Poster: ThinMan
Subject: Re: Going off the deep end

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other thing you could do is go in and pretend to be interested in a really expensive rug for your whole 10-room house, get him really worked up about comission, etc. Have your girl call you on your cell and tell her where you are, come on down. Or else just have her walk in at an appointed time. Tell her you're looking at getting all this stuff. Then have her say, "No, honey, this is that needledick who told me to go to TJ Maxx instead."

"Oh, okay honey. Can I talk to the owner, needledick?"

NT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is beautiful.

Oh, but if it turns out to be the owner, kick his dog over a bridge, then turn to him and say "THAT'S how I roll..."

when "keepin it real" went wrong
Old 07-26-2005, 02:52 AM

It's almost instinct to want to defend her but if you weren't there to see it happen you probably shouldn't complain about it to the manager.

If your g/f wants to complain to the manager, by all means, go with her as support.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:46 AM

Ummm.... how about you mention that he's the ass that WORKS for the store. How condescending can he get? The dude sells rugs for a living. I would have just looked at him, extremely puzzled, and kindly remind him of that fact.