Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Politically Incorrect WSOP Post

So white male Christians are inept at the poker table? Also, too belligerent to ask the proper nonwhite, nonchristian poker authority.

Give me a break.

Just come out and say it...Since non Christian 'foreigners' are so friggin good at poker compared to the stupid 'catholic' folks from the US, the idiot catholics should seek immediate help. Not only regarding cards, but in religion as well. You seem to convey that since non Christans are so much better at Hold'em they must also be 'better' at religion as well.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Why the subject title?

I don't have much of a problem with this post (just your typical bullshit) aside from the title. It should be called "Politically Correct Post."
Old 07-14-2005, 11:49 AM

Bashing white male Christians is politically Correct .
Old 07-14-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So white male Christians are inept at the poker table? Also, too belligerent to ask the proper nonwhite, nonchristian poker authority.

Give me a break.

Just come out and say it...Since non Christian 'foreigners' are so friggin good at poker compared to the stupid 'catholic' folks from the US, the idiot catholics should seek immediate help. Not only regarding cards, but in religion as well. You seem to convey that since non Christans are so much better at Hold'em they must also be 'better' at religion as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey don't leave out the stupid Protestants. You wouldn't want to dsicriminate, would you?
Old 07-14-2005, 01:22 PM

Hey, maybe if you stopped posting here this week (at times seemingly between hands) and actually concentrated on playing, another old white American male would still be in the running.

(Just kidding)
Old 07-14-2005, 01:59 PM

It would not actually surprise me if you really checked which religion each participant belonged to, as you never seem to want to miss an occasion to discuss the subject. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This post is so stupid on so many levels.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-14-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. He just recently became a devout Christian. As did all of these poker playing born agains that I am aware of. They all were expert poker players first. I still maintain that being devoutly religious stifles the quest for knowledge, especially non Jewish religions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never let it be said that you are not a funny guy.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:06 PM

What about the final table last year? I believe that 6/9 were Christian, American males: Raymer, Harrington, McClain, Krux, Dean, Hughes. One jew, one black guy, and one European. I guess those Asians suck.

Seriously David, if you want to argue that on average white American males are dumb, pointing to the results of an extremely high variance event like the WSOP is a poor way of doing so.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:21 PM

I propose a tournament --

Olympic style, each nation sends the best and the brightest, representing their populace. Proof of ethnic origin is strictly enforced.

Wagering on the winner is through a parimutuel pool, with no knowledge of individual contenders (other than ethnic origin). Wagering is closed prior to disclosure of names -- you are simply wagering on ...