Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Decision, Decision

Ok live 6 handed game, I am familiar with all five players. I am in for 25 cent small blind. First and second positions fold. Third and the button are left and are both very loose players. Third position raises to $2.25 and button reraises to $5 (2.75 more). Keep in mind these two players are very loose and the guy in third position constantly makes raises with low suited connectors and guy on button hasn't reraised a hand all night but has made extremely loose calls all night. Also, these two had been going at it all night, constantly trying to bluff each other out of pots. I have [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 and am pretty confident I have the best starting hand but could potentially be up against 3 or four overs. I have $30 dollars in chips and they both have about $25 each. Once again I only have 25 cents in the pot so far. (Big blind still to act after me but he is tightest player at table).What's the correct play here?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Decision, Decision

Any advice here anyone?
Old 06-01-2005, 02:07 PM

Call and take a look at the flop. A raise will just get called, and then you're in a big pot, OOP with a flop that likely has an overcard or two. If you come over the top AI and get called, you either a huge dog or a small favorite, and if these guys are bad there will be better spots later on.

If these guys were tighter, and you really thought they were just on a steal, then I would raise. Also, if there was just one player, a raise would be better.

-salloch
Old 06-02-2005, 10:43 AM

thanks salloch. any other advice?
Old 06-02-2005, 10:53 AM

Button hasn't reraised all night long and you are confident TT is the best hand? How many hands have you played with this guy? I am not sure that is a sound read. Big difference between loose calls and reraising preflop.

I don't think the stacks are deep enough to make calling an option, so either fold or push. I would probably fold in this situation on the information that button hasn't reraised all night.

Gojacketz
Old 06-02-2005, 11:18 AM

I like a stop and go here. Check/raise all in if the flop is all unders. Hope for the best. High variance though.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind these two players are very loose and the guy in third position constantly makes raises with low suited connectors and guy on button hasn't reraised a hand all night but has made extremely loose calls all night.

[/ QUOTE ]
Had the button only called, IŽd have moved all-in. Since they were at eachother all the time, they probablyŽd never expect such a move from you (though I dont know what your image at the table was here).
But since the button re-raised and the call is quite expensive, IŽd say wait for a better spot - just fold this one.