Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Kind of Technical Weightlifing Question

[ QUOTE ]
I like Sumos better as they seem to be awkward to perform. I never could get good form with regualar dealifts, even with low, low weight. I think it might be because my arms are slightly long for my height, I dont know...

As for my current routine I do squats and romanians deadlifts on Fridays (I do the romanian deads with pretty light weight), so I was thinking of putting the Sumo's on Monday, when I do my Chest/Back routine. Of course Id subtract a Back exercise if I added the Sumos...

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the advice thus far...

[/ QUOTE ]

you won't be gaining much by doing deadlifts twice in the same cycle. also, if you are doing compound lifts like deadlifts, squats, etc. i would recommend not doing a chest/back split. chest and back should really have their own days.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leg day is the best, isnt it? Theres nothing better than hobbling out of the gym.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been hobbling around work all day today after this morning's leg blast. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 03:41 PM

Do deads on back day, and usually first. I like to do deads followed by pullups and then rows if I feel I need a third exercise.

Squats are a much better workout for hitting the legs than deads. And if you need another excercise for working out your legs after you are done with squats then you are squatting incorrectly or with insufficient weight. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 05:09 PM

It doesn't really matter. I do sumo deadlifts during my back workout and Romanian deadlifts during my hamstring workout.