Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: USC vs. Stanford

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine an out-of-stater who can get into both choosing Cal over Stanford.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can if they got into the graduate physics programs
Old 11-06-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stick w/ UW-Madison

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-06-2005, 12:07 PM

If your looking at these two you should really add ucla. No one in their right mind would go to sc that can get into ucla.
The women are as hot as at USC, plus its in a way better area and is a better school academically.
It would be tough to turn down stanford, but depending on they type of person you are palo alto isnt for everyone. I spend two year up there and absolutly hated it, but many disagreed. When I lived up ther there were seriously like 5 decent looking women in a 50 mile radius.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:37 PM

Stanford is not only a better school, it goes a lot further in reputation.

If your concerns are about financial aid, then you should consider rich schools like Harvard / Princeton which give you a ton of aid. More than half of the students attending those schools get some sort of aid.

Princeton is only a short drive away from AC. . . . so I think I made the right choice going there.... anyways you should definitely visit USC b/c the girls are much hotter than any you will find at Stanford, Cal, Harvard or Princeton.....
Old 11-06-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your looking at these two you should really add ucla. No one in their right mind would go to sc that can get into ucla.
The women are as hot as at USC, plus its in a way better area and is a better school academically.
It would be tough to turn down stanford, but depending on they type of person you are palo alto isnt for everyone. I spend two year up there and absolutly hated it, but many disagreed. When I lived up ther there were seriously like 5 decent looking women in a 50 mile radius.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not so sure about this. UCLA is a very good school, but so is USC. It is a lot easier to get money from USC than to get money from UCLA. I got into both UCLA and USC and after visiting both schools, I decided to go to USC. And having worked at UCLA over the summer, I'm very happy with my decision.

I would say that as a high school senior I would certainly have gone to stanford over USC. However, once you realize that most colleges are very similar, it doesn't matter as much. I have friends at Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Stanford, UVA, UCLA, all sorts of "top" schools, and when I talk about my experiences and they talk about theirs, we are saying pretty much the same things.

Even at the best places, there is so much grade inflation that *undergrad* is more about showing up than actually being intelligent. So while it seems like this massive important decision, remember that academically they are very similar (however this can change a lot based on specific majors), but their locations and campus life are incredibly different.