Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 02:06 AM

Default AQ in a pickle

I've been kind of busy reading posts so I don't have any particular reads on these players, but they were nothing out of the ordinary. Typical loose passives for the most part. I believe that peeling the flop was the correct play with the backdoor flush and overcard draw, but the turn and river are confusing to me.

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (7 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 12-19-2005, 02:09 AM

Default Re: AQ in a pickle

I have trouble raising the turn because I don't know how often he's betting a Q v K there. If we think he's betting a K then we should fold, but if we think he's betting a Q we should raise as we have him beat. I think he has a K there often enough that I cannot RAISE, however I think he has a Q or worse there often enough than I cannot FOLD. Don't read while playing if it means you cannot get reads.

-F
Old 12-19-2005, 02:17 AM

The flop call is pretty thin with the caller in between. One of them is a favorite to have a K IMO. Being reverse dominated is a possibility. You do have the BD nut flush draw, which is good. I'm still not sure I'd call this though.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The flop call is pretty thin with the caller in between. One of them is a favorite to have a K IMO. Being reverse dominated is a possibility. You do have the BD nut flush draw, which is good. I'm still not sure I'd call this though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well with 3 A and 1.5 for the BDFD we're not doing too bad closing the action I dont think, and that's assuming that there is a K out there. Maybe I need to be making these flop folds.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:24 AM

I really thought getting 9:1 closing the action that it's not that close. I certainly could be wrong, maybe it's a leak.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:26 AM

This is a flop fold, especially with the caller. You can't give the A a full three. This is a small pot. Let it go.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:31 AM

I like folding the flop. I'm only peeling a card off if I have two overs with my backdoor flush draw. It's very likely with the action on the turn that UTG has K little. I'm probably folding here against an unidentified player and 3-betting against a looser player.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:34 AM

Fold the flop, you're being bet into despite raising pf.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:29 AM

yeah fold the flop

i f**king hate it when AQ flops Kxx. I'm sure Kxx flops come more than statistically likely when I'm holding AQ, man is online poker rigged.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Results

After much thought, I agree. Fold the flop was correct. But in case anyone was wondering. UTG had Q9o and MHIG. How on earth did he call the flop bet?