Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 05:36 AM

Default The most important news... Bush ratings

Because this is so important, i mean how would we live on without the Bush ratings
Old 12-10-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: The most important news... Bush ratings

OMG yeah. The righties should be very proud. Now they've got their own comeback kid.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:41 PM

I would be interested in hearing what has happened over the past couple of weeks that caused his approval rating to go up. Nothing seems to have changed much, other than that he and the missus sent out a card that said "happy holidays" instead of "merry Christmas".
Old 12-10-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be interested in hearing what has happened over the past couple of weeks that caused his approval rating to go up. Nothing seems to have changed much...

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple, it was the relentless media focus on bashing the Bush administration that drove his numbers down, but it can only stay down if you keep bashing (its like pulling a rubber band - remove the force and it returns to its "natural" size)

With the holidays and other things going on, which means Congress is inactive and the media have other things to report on, things are returning to the natural approval levels.

Note that when the election season comes, the spin and bashing will not all be on the same side, so Democrats are mistaken if they think they will have an easy time of it.

The effects of the media and Congressional grandstanding are temporary. They only succeed if you can keep it up non-stop.

Note that Bush's high approval in 2002 and 2003 was also due to positive spin, it was also not at a "natural" level and was destined to disappear at some point. What interests me is why people put so much stock in a current approval number, when it is so fickle and subject to change and you can drive the number in one direction if you put resources behind it.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... What interests me is why people put so much stock in a current approval number, when it is so fickle and subject to change ....

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly