Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-18-2005, 09:21 PM

Default $3/6 55, overs flop

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (3.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.66 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.66 BB

MP was loose so wanted to isolate. Do i do this for anyone who just calls? What do I do on the flop onwards. Easy flop bet to try and pick up the pot but the turn/river was awkward. I called the river since I though he may be bluffing and think I have overs since I checked the turn.

Whats the thought process on the turn in these situations
Old 12-18-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: $3/6 55, overs flop

[ QUOTE ]
MP was loose so wanted to isolate.

[/ QUOTE ]

good

[ QUOTE ]
Do i do this for anyone who just calls?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, just call 66-22 against average players.

I'd bet the turn check through the river. I think you get more value from him calling draws then you get from inducing here. If he's c/r a ton of nonsense on the turn, I might take you're line.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:30 PM

I'd probably bet the turn, and that would be the last money I put into the pot.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:30 PM

I guess you need a read that the blinds will both fold, but without one I would just limp behind here.

I would prefer to bet/fold the turn because you have fold equity if he has no pair, and it costs the same as the line you took. The way you played it you have to call the river because he'll have a naked ace enough of the time.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet the turn check through the river. I think you get more value from him calling draws then you get from inducing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good advice, as long as you take the pot size into account. I bet you get more value from draws in large pots than you do in small pots. The bigger a pot, the more likely players are to call with any draw at all. And I think many players bluff at small pots more because they know it is too small for you to look them up. This should be just another consideration in choosing your line.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:08 AM

i like the bet bet fold line.