Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: almost in the 300bb club

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just wait till you hit the 800BB club. (Also known as the breakeven players club)

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW 80K hands of breakeven poker was the longest breakeven streak I have even seen or heard of. However, I have officially regained the top spot for long breakeven streaks.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

im confused, are you saying you have mine beat now?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the breakeven streak yes. i'm at 97K. Only 600 BB downswing though.

Krishan
Old 12-08-2005, 04:01 PM

Kids these days, they still think 300BB is a big downswing.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's [censored] awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-08-2005, 04:39 PM

NLSoldiers hijacks all the 300bb downswing threads [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wait till you hit the 800BB club. (Also known as the breakeven players club)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm going to be sick [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 09:17 PM

NLSoldier,

Could you give a rough estimate of which blocks of hands were played at which limit? Do you attribute the massive downswing to poor play? Running bad? Not being a winner at the limit you were playing at? I'm just curious. I hope you don't mind.

Steve
Old 12-08-2005, 09:56 PM

Soiler's is way worse than mine but I still think mine's impressive in terms of sheer quickness. Goddamned HU and 3-handed play.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:36 PM

Did you have a huge heater 10/20-20/40 up to 33k then move up to higher games?
Old 12-08-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NLSoldier,

Could you give a rough estimate of which blocks of hands were played at which limit? Do you attribute the massive downswing to poor play? Running bad? Not being a winner at the limit you were playing at? I'm just curious. I hope you don't mind.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Party is rigged.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NLSoldier,

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

first of all party is rigged.

the vast majority of the hands were at 20/40, where i felt i definately had a signifigant edge, due to the huge winnings at the begining of this graph and some winning previous to this graph. and also due to generally awful play by many of the players in those games. somewhere near the peak i played some 30/60 where i ran awful. id played some 30/60 previously and done mediocre, but this time i just couldnt win. i'd like to think my edge wasnt too much smaller than at 20/40 but i didnt feel like dealing with the emotions of the bigger stakes. one of my first sessions was when i made the post about playing vs the worst player ever where i basically got rivered out of 50BB in about 10 min. things didnt turn around and i soon went back to 20/40 expecting to pick up where i left off. but i just never stopped running bad. the majority of the downswing occurred at 20/40 and i eventually went back to 10/20. i didnt win there either until after about 10,000 hands or so. finally it turned around and most of the upswing at the end has been at 10/20. i planned to move back to 20/40 but havent played much at all lately due to school.

the worst part about hte downswing was the there were basically no winning sessions mixed in. every single session i would sit down and start losing right off the bat, my sessions became shorter and shorter as i got more fruserated with my lack of ever winning a pot. i would not wish that experience on anyone.

as far as how much was due to poor play vs poor luck its obviously very hard to say. i know there were some isolated incidents of tilt mixed into some of those awful sessions but i would say overall tilt accounts for a very small portion of the downswing. looking at my stats, it might be worth noting they the basically did not change from the initial upswing to the downswing to the second upswing. what did change were the numbers in the misc. tab of PT. stuff like how often i made premium hands and how often they held up was signifigantly different between the upswings and downswings.

woofta, that felt good to get off my chest. this forum rules!

PS-i know it had 50/100 and 1/2 on that graph but id say hands at those levels added up to like less than 1000 hands and i pretty much broke exactly even.