Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 07:38 AM

Default A3s question 50 away from bubble.

Blinds 300/ 600 ante 50 i have about 4400 left in chips and am delt A3s. If im on the button is this a push or could i get away with a mini raise. also does it matter on how many chips the blinds have. and one more whats the furthest away from the button u would push with this hand?

My exact situation was the SB was kinda loose and played decent amount of hands. BB was pretty tight and i only saw him play good hands. Both players seemed to know what was going on. The SB had a little less then me in chip and the BB had about 10000. I thought i wold try raising to 1200 for a chance to steal and if called i would push if an A came or a bunch of low cards. After i raised the SB called then BB pushed. Now my plan backfires do i make this call or fold and hope for something better.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:44 AM

Default Re: A3s question 50 away from bubble.

I'd hate it given BB's tight play, and knowing it's a reasonable pair or Ace-broadway, but given those chips and those blinds, I'd all-in and pray for a flush, straight or 33 on the board (ace might win it for you or 3 might, but neither are certain).
Old 09-15-2005, 01:51 AM

This is always a push and you screwed yourslf by your unwilingness to commit to the hand.

As a short stack, you shouldn't be looking to "get away" from any ace folded to you the button.

As for your other question: With your stack, I'm probably pushing in the last four spots. Earlier, depends on the tightness of the table and my image. The first couple of spots are a unique dilemma in that you're running out of time before the blinds chop at you again, but when you get called you are frequently dominated. My experience lately is not to push A-small up front.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:54 AM

definitely a push.. you can't bet 25% of your already tiny stack here.. It's all or nothing, and when it's folded to you on the button, it's a push.