Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Gaming Club WSOP challenge, 1 week left.

I’ve had some bumps in the road, so I’ve missed updating the status of this..

I continued to have some health issues, which got worse as I pressed on. Sitting for long periods of time combined with the stress forced me to take a few days off. After a few trips to the doctor we finally hit on some medication that seems to be helping. I’m being a bit more careful about taking enough breaks and stretching as well.

The bad news is that the time off really put me behind. The good news is that I can still make it; the deal was that 100,000 hands would be sufficient under certain conditions and it is still possible that those can be met.

It’s hard sometimes in the heat of battle to recognize when it’s time to retreat. I was trying to grind away too long and it was having an adverse effect on both my health and my bankroll. I was already pushing some of my personal limits on speed and endurance to get the hands in, dealing with physical problems was just too much on top of that. Add in some stress and it’s a perfect recipe for trouble.

After a few days break, I felt a lot better and started to see some winning sessions again. There is a lesson in here about stepping back, which is hard to do when you just want to keep pressing forward.

The Challenge ends at midnight Pacific time on June 30, one way or another. I’ll try to keep you posted on how I’m doing.

Shauna
Old 06-28-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Gaming Club WSOP challenge, 1 week left.

Hey Shauna,

Missed this post. Hang in there!

I can sympathize and empathize (is that a word?) with you on the toll it takes on one physically and mentally.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:00 AM

GL
Old 06-28-2005, 01:43 AM

Hey, 10K hands in one week? No problems!! Just imagine the night you finish the challenge... just put on your favorite song and boogie away. You'll go to sleep with an ear-to-ear smile and the next morning will be the brightest of your life.