Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Live hand for review 5-150 spread limit

MP just sat down with the max buy-in of $300 and has played a couple hands very aggressively and not shown down.

LP is a TAG player that has only shown down the nuts or second nuts in the 2-3 hours I have been playing with him. He has ~$800

I am in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and have ~$700.

PF: Folds to MP who raises to 25 (a little larger than the table standard of 15-20). LP calls, I think about a RR, but with LP in the hand I figured I better slow down a lit.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], MP leads out 50, LP raises the max (150), so it is 200 to me.

CRF?
Old 06-23-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Live hand for review 5-150 spread limit

reraise to $350....You have 11 outs minimum, and may have as many as 18 outs. If he calls and checks the turn, i would check behind unless you think there is some chance you can get him off his hand (based on your read)
Old 06-23-2005, 04:38 PM

Because of your read on LP, I give him credit for some of your outs. If he had Jx, aggie would be right, you do have
18 outs (3 A, 3 K, 4 Q, 8 spade).
However, you still probably have 15 (AJ) or 16 (QQ), meaning your a favorite over anything but two pair (and I don't think a solid TAA would call a raise with QJ) or a set. The problem is you can't check behind on the turn because you are out of position.

What is the most you can bet here? I'm not really familiar with spread limit. Whatever it is, I would bet it. However, given your read of LP as solid I would much rather that a spade or the Q come off instead of an A or K.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:39 PM

Why not just call and hope MP comes along too?

Also, Hero is in BB so he doesn't have the option of checking behind.

I am not familiar with spread limit - what is the most you can raise here - $150?
Old 06-23-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, Hero is in BB so he doesn't have the option of checking behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah....missed that.....i'd lead out 75 and go from there....
Old 06-23-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not familiar with spread limit - what is the most you can raise here - $150?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes $150 max on any round with a 3 raise cap with more than 2 players in the hand.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:17 AM

Results:

Flop, I raise to 350, MP pushes AI, LP caps, I call.

Turn: A, I push, LP quickly calls and flips over QQ and MP laughs and flips over QQ as well, neither liked me too much.

Thanks for the input guys, I was not too sure about this one. I knew I had more outs than god, but was feeling very beat on that flop and it took a fair amount to pull the trigger on it.