Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Very tough spot for me in a 600 game

[ QUOTE ]
And by the way Mark, since you live in East Lansing have you ever been to the 200 NL on either Frye Street or at ZBT ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I played on Frye St. Dean I believe was the name of the kid running it. That was over a year ago, not sure if the game still runs.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where did the villain raise from? Is he an observant player? If so, I would go ahead and bet the full pot if you think he perceives you as solid. I feel that anything less will be read as weak, and he will pop you back, and then you will be in a stickier situation than the one you are in right now.

Better to be the bettor in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain was MP, Im not sure how observant he is. He's very tilted from a few suckouts that have happened to him. He will not hesitate to throw chips in the pot as he has shown recently.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the pot. Call unless a 4th heart come. Possibly check and reraise thats has some merit too.

[/ QUOTE ]

And fold to a raise on the flop?
Old 06-23-2005, 01:21 PM

If you're saying there's no way to keep the pot small then are you prepared to give up on the hand on the flop and wait for a better spot? If you check and he bets the pot, what's your plan? If you bet the pot or 3/4ths pot wait do you do if he calls or raises?
Old 06-23-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And fold to a raise on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hands that beat you that he would raise with - 99, JJ, QQ, K10 (unlikely he holds this from your read), made flush
Hands that you beat that he might raise with - Ah10 or Q or J, 10h 10x.

I'm just not sure...either your beat or he has 9 outs at the minimum. I would probably fold.

And yeah, Dean's game is the one I'm talking about. I played there from November - June. Were you around then?
Old 06-23-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're saying there's no way to keep the pot small then are you prepared to give up on the hand on the flop and wait for a better spot? If you check and he bets the pot, what's your plan? If you bet the pot or 3/4ths pot wait do you do if he calls or raises?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I do feel that Im going to have a hard time getting money in with a winning hand. Perhaps the best thing to do is bet 1/2-2/3 the pot and give up after that?
Old 06-23-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I played on Frye St. Dean I believe was the name of the kid running it. That was over a year ago, not sure if the game still runs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played in that game a while back when i was at school. THey changed it to 2/5 when certain players came to play. THat game was incredible....
Old 06-23-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I played in that game a while back when i was at school. THey changed it to 2/5 when certain players came to play. THat game was incredible....

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a regular at the 2/5 game, which usually didn't start till 3 AM with an avg stack of 700+. Of course it didn't help when Dean took a stack of 25's from the rake money and bought in for 2,000. I fully expected to pay 40+ dollars to see a flop, especially when the pot was straddled every hand.

More action junkies there than anywhere I've ever played.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:58 PM

I like the limp. It's reasonable to expect a raise behind you. Maybe you get one other caller with TT-QQ to go a little further than they would otherwise.

I like taking chances with AA when there's a good possibility that they'll pay off. You just had an unlucky flop, which woulda been the same either way.

Marlow
Old 06-23-2005, 04:45 PM

I would not check the flop as it is in fact so ugly and so many cards would complete many weak draws. When you bet the pot on the flop like this you are representing either a set, or AA/KK with the heart, although you do not of course have it. If then raised I would fold, and if called I would probably lead out the turn again to a blank, again 'probably' being prepared to fold to a raise. If called again, I would probably check no matter what came and be prepared to call a blank since your read is he is tilting and thus more likely to bluff. Also, FWIW, by my calculations you could have made it about 84 on the reraise preflop and this is what you should have done in order to give him the least attractive odds to flop a set on you, although since this is pot limit and not no limit, you cannot actually give him less than correct odds given a 600 stack size. Another option is to merely call his raise since it is pot limit and you are out of position, and then lead the flop no matter what so as not to give him a good read on your hand. If after limp reraising, you are not prepared to bet this flop then I would fold, since merely check/calling does not give you as accurate a read on his hand.