Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's your action?
Play it slow - Call and check river 3 23.08%
Play it fast - Raise and lead river 10 76.92%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2005, 06:47 PM

Default value bet poll

i think i miss many vlaue bets. is this an easy bet? easy check? villain is 58/20/1.4 over 100 hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (7.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, hero..........
Old 12-11-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: value bet poll

Yup, easy bet.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:49 PM

This bet is super easy.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This bet is super easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i bet here also, but i also make a crying call on the river if raised...

is that just as bad as missing a value bet? or i guess what i'm asking is - is bet/fold the right play over bet/call?
Old 12-11-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This bet is super easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i bet here also, but i also make a crying call on the river if raised...

is that just as bad as missing a value bet? or i guess what i'm asking is - is bet/fold the right play over bet/call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think bet/fold is the right play. He will very rarely be raising on that river, however.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:59 PM

Hey Bob,

I think we would have heard from this villain before if he had a Q. Easy value bet.

As an aside: I know you're struggling lately, but I get the sense that this forum has become "MicroBob's personal forum" and nobody wants to say anything because you're respected and everyone feels for you. The thing is, I'm not sure it's productive. I'm a very short-term winner, so of course I have no advice for you, but I think there are others out there who'd also like to post some hands as well. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Bob,

I think we would have heard from this villain before if he had a Q. Easy value bet.

As an aside: I know you're struggling lately, but I get the sense that this forum has become "MicroBob's personal forum" and nobody wants to say anything because you're respected and everyone feels for you. The thing is, I'm not sure it's productive. I'm a very short-term winner, so of course I have no advice for you, but I think there are others out there who'd also like to post some hands as well. Just my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok
Old 12-11-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 2 disagreement's with this. First, this isn't MicroBob. Second, there is tons of forum space. I have no problem with people making tons of posts, as long as each post is constructive. I actually feel like we don't have enough traffic, so I would encourage to make as many posts as PokerBob is making. Sure, it is all comming from the same person, but what difference does that make to the people reading the posts?

He is trying to improve his game, and the one of the best ways to do that is to post, and to reply to posts. It may seem like he has a ton of posts out there right now, but I am sure it will slow down. Even if it doesn't, I have no problem with 20 posts a day from the same person.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:04 PM

I'm very happy to see that the results are currently 12-0 in favor of betting.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:05 PM

easy easy easy bet. This is like a perfect example and the exact definition of a value bet.