Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Interesting AA post by Garland from medium stakes

I'm fairly glad you are posting again. You are sweet.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:19 AM

Guys, I'd make a standing bet for $250.

* Provided Garland still has the Hand History or can remember the name of the villain
* and the villain isn't blocked from searching
* and the villain is sitting at a table or somewhere we can communicate with him
* and remembers this hand
* and doesn't lie

That the villain discloses the fact that he flopped a set of Kings/Queens. 1:1 odds.

However unfortunately I don't think this bet capable of being fulfilled...because of all the "ands".

However if someone wants to take the bet and actually try and see it through to the end, with Garlands help...my moneys up there.

Edit: This should be easy money because villains only .8% to have KK or QQ and only 13.3% to hit a set if he holds those hands, Your looking at a .005% chance at most. So basically your getting an insane return against my money (i feel like an idiot) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: This would really be an insurmountable waste of time, and a very results orientated thing to do... I cannot be results orientated so I'd actually rather not know what he had...BUT! penguins can't fly.

Edit: I just thought this post needed a third and final "Edit:"

Edit: Ok...last one I promise!
Old 12-11-2005, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You never steal in this spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. No need to at these stakes.

[ QUOTE ]
You think he never thinks you're trying to steal in this spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm about as tight as they come if he's paying any attention at all. My raises and re-raises especially from blinds often command respect.

This is fairly small stakes, and I think we play fairly straightforward, but it's an awfully big call and an awfully big gamble by him if he's calling with the extremely marginal hands I've listed before.

There is a saying: "Sometimes you have to fold the winning hand to be a winning player." Obviously, I'm not sure if this is one of the cases as I wouldn't post it otherwise; it's the first time I've ever folded AA so easily post-flop. I'm eliciting opinions from other players and so far it seems that in general, the tighter players agree with check-folding, while the looser players think leading the flop and shutting down is proper. Opinions are still about half and half. At least no one thought check-calling or check-raising is correct [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Garland
Old 12-11-2005, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm eliciting opinions from other players and so far it seems that in general, the tighter players agree with check-folding, while the looser players think leading the flop and shutting down is proper.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the age old opinion of me and just about every other man around the globe that, " Tighter is usually better ."