Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Call-Down mode too early?

SB is a maniac; no significant reads on anyone else.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (18 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 21 BB

A great board if it weren't for the preflop 3-bet. MP1 isn't a concern as he didn't raise the flop, but BB is. I'm ahead of KK, TT and AK, but don't know what else he'd be willing to 3-bet from BB. A raise on the turn would probably force out SB and MP1 when they each face two big bets cold, but I don't see either of them as a severe threat and don't really mind them sweetening my pot. Should I have capped the flop and fired away at the turn anyway?
Old 06-18-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Call-Down mode too early?

This looks fine to me. Sometimes you'll find an overplayed AQ or KK here.

-Jaran
Old 06-18-2005, 02:32 PM

I don't cap this flop.

I think I'd raise the turn though. If I get 3-bet, I'm pretty sure that I'm behind but I still call down. The thing I like about raising here is that you'll bring so much dead money along for the ride with MP1 stuck between you and BB, and SB tagging along. So, the times you are drawing slim to BB's set or QJ will be made up for by all the extra bets going in when you are up against AQ or KK.

The river card sucks. But, given the way you played the hand thus far I like a call.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:05 PM

Looks like KK or QQ to me.

I probably would have capped the flop and then felt better about calling down to a turn bet.

Should you call down or raise the turn? Do you feel lucky? Maybe flip a coin. Could be a flush draw with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] also.

River makes things worse.

I think you played it OK.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:11 PM

Well this is the most reassuring feedback I've had yet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I had totally neglected the possibility of a flush draw though. Thanks for the help.

Here's the showdown:

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (18 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 21 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has As Ac (one pair, aces).
MP1 has 9h 9d (one pair, nines).
Hero has Ah Ad (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.50 BB. BB wins 10.50 BB. </font>
Old 06-18-2005, 06:17 PM

Ah yes, there was also the possibility he had Aces like you. Nice of MP1 to play Donktastically and pad the pot for you guys.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:24 PM

I would cap the flop and than bet out again on the turn, if I get raised I probably call down. THat club on the river is awful. Hope you took it down.