Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Brunson ? cross posted in SSNL

I think what he's saying is that the psychological advantage a streak would give you over your opponents (which would thus allow you to play more hands) is something that can't be scientifically tested. He certainly doesn't say anywhere that you should play more aggressively on rushes because there's a higher probability that your hand will hit.

Also keep in mind that the "streak" advice is strictly for no limit holdem. I sincerely doubt he would apply the same principle to limit where the starting hand requirements are much more important.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Brunson ? cross posted in SSNL

[ QUOTE ]
Also keep in mind that the "streak" advice is strictly for no limit holdem. I sincerely doubt he would apply the same principle to limit where the starting hand requirements are much more important.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. Another huge part of this equation is the fact that he prefers to play shorthanded. I think one of his quotes (and I may be thinking of someone else here) is "you don't have to wory about running into the nuts every hand" refering to 5-6 handed games.