Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 05:03 AM

Default AQ off hand

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (9 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

What do you guys think about the flop and the turn play? Should i have led out on the turn?
Old 03-21-2005, 05:11 AM

Default Re: AQ off hand

Id just call the flop, you won't get anyone to fold a pot this big that dominates you. It turns out you did, but you know what im saying [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I like the rest, MP3 probably won't fold to the bet with a pot this big.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:17 AM

What's your reason for check raising?
Old 03-21-2005, 05:35 AM

I'm getting 14-1 on my call and i'm 8.5-1 to spike a Q or an A - so i should probably continue with the hand - raising is better than calling because it limits the # of people in the pot - the raise should do a good job of limiting the field because the board isn't very favorable to drawing hands
Old 03-21-2005, 05:37 AM

More to say - if i raise, then i make it incorrect for people with gut shot draws (or other draws) to call - if i just call and allow the gut shot draws the proper odds to call, then i lose money
Old 03-21-2005, 05:48 AM

I ´m not sure I like the check raise on the flop although you are giving some valid reasons for it. But you´re out of position so "normally" a free-card play will not be successful. You also run the risk of getting 3-betted by the preflop raiser. Holding A high, possibly being dominated, did you plan to call a 3-bet?

As the hand was played I think that you should have betted the turn. With only MP3 left there is a slight chance that he will fold and I guess that you planned to call a bet from him anyway.

River bet is fine.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:01 AM

I was looking at the preflop raiser's stats on pokertracker while the hand was going on and he is a super rock - I figured that if i checkrasied then he would slow down hard unless he had an overpair to the board - but he would normally bet this flop w/ 99 88 or AK. If he had three bet then i would have called the raise, and checkfolded the turn unimproved
Old 03-21-2005, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting 14-1 on my call and i'm 8.5-1 to spike a Q or an A - so i should probably continue with the hand - raising is better than calling because it limits the # of people in the pot - the raise should do a good job of limiting the field because the board isn't very favorable to drawing hands

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:00 AM

I like your reasoning, but I think the pots too big to try this. I don't think it'd work enough times.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:58 AM

It's interesting that nobody said to fold pre-flop to a raise. That's what SSH says to do. I suppose you could justify calling because there were several people in the pot already.