Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2004, 07:51 PM

Default Posting out of position

This has probably been addressed elsewhere but it came up in a conversation recently so I decided to see what people on here think. How many players do you need to make posting in the CO correct? Obviously it depends on how good you are, how good your opponents are, etc. Assume 1/2 blind structure (does 1/3 or 2/3 change this much?). Assume you beat the game for about 1BB/hr. Also, do you ever post in the CO+1? I sometimes do in games with opponents I particularly like if its 10handed.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:03 AM

Default Re: Posting out of position

Personally I don't like to post. I usually will sit in and wait for the blind at the same time get info on the table.

If I am on the CO then I do post - don't over complicate this analysis it is really marginal whether you post or not out of position. I do use it as a gauge of a players thinking when I see a player sit down in UTG seat and post. I really have to call that guys judgement into question. But that's just me.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:46 AM

If I play live i have to be very near the blinds to not post. I cannot stand sitting there for 15 minutes without a hand. But there are often several players that will play every hand when I play live, and the games are less aggressive.

On Pacific 15-30 i post in mid-late position and on UB 10-20 I only post in the Cutoff and the big blind unless i misclick.

Kim
Old 07-30-2004, 05:16 AM

I've looked at this in detail using Poker Tracker and it's very close for a 2/3 blind structure, with posting in the CO slightly better. For 1/2, I would guess it really doesn't matter in terms of EV.

Post where you feel more comfortable. If you think you defend to often in the CO because you have position and just can't fold 2 suited cards, wait for the blinds. I don't like having the image of a folder, and posting in the CO and folding is a lot more noticable than doing so from the blinds, so I wait for the bb usually.

If I was playing live, I'd post at whichever spot came up first, for image reasons.