Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2005, 08:36 AM

Default Approaching SNG\'s (11-55)

Hey all,

Post #1 here.

I'm looking for some advice on lower to lower-middle SNG's on Party. Here's a little background on my game. I've had some pretty substantial success playing limit games (3-6 up to 10-20) in B&M's in Atlantic City, though not as much on the 'net (primarily on Party, but occasionally at Stars). I also play ring no-limit, and have had sucess there as well.

The vast majority of my winnings thus far this year (approximately $7,500) has come from online MTT's, with $5000 coming from a win in a 30+3 761-entry tourney on Party in February (as an advertisement for 2+2, I won this 3 weeks after buying and studying HOH1). I also do well in my home NL ring games.

So I've had some pretty considerable success this year. The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to transfer these skills from ring games (both limit and NL) and larger MTT's to 1-table SNG's. I have relatively good stats (~15% ROI and ~27% ITM), but I'm looking to up these stats and move into higher games - however, I'm not going to do this until I can kill the lower games.

I suppose my question is why can't I transfer my skills from ring games and MTT's to the standard SNG's? Am I missing some approach to these that deviates from the typical TAG MTT strategy that I use?

I've been lurking here for a while now, and enjoy everyone's discussions. I'd appreciate any advice that anyone might have to offer. Thanks.