Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 07:32 PM

Default The dude who busted Olga Varkoni on a bad beat (3-outer)

I played with him for much of the first and part of the second day. He is a high-roller craps player and Caesers bought him into the main event as a comp for his dice play (and, of course, to get him into vegas for another day). On day 1, he looked absolutely whipped at 2:00 p.m. I asked him what was up and he said that he had been up all night shooting dice--and was down 700K.

The guy played poker with no fear and that made him tough. He also got reeel lucky. At the end of day 2, when we were really on the bubble, the big stack raised (he was raising most pots), Mr. Craps reraised, and the button pushed all in (a huge raise). Craps had him slightly outchipped and called with AJ. Button had KK and an ace flopped. (This is really an aside, but at my table was a very short stacked kid who was desperate to make the money. As they counted out Mr. KK's chips to confirm that he was out, the kid kept saying "how could you do that so close to money," and such. I thought KK was going to throttle him.).

Anyway, Mr. Craps could have made up the whole story, but given his tirednes on Day 1 and unconventional play throughout the day, I believed him.