Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 01:25 AM

Default gcDanno WSOP trip report (long)

Started on a table with one moron (all in Steve). Kept missing my AK, AQ's. Folded TT when KJ flopped and Steve pushed. Only chips I accumulated were pure steals.

Finished 1st level with 8500.

2nd level, same as first. Just nothing. Lost a few continuation bets when my AQ missed. Down to 5300.

3rd level, I actually had QQ take down a small pot. First time i put my chips all in the middle. Blinds and some pp misses kept my stack in check. Finished with 5800.

4th level, more of the same. Stole a few times with J9d and AJ. Still missed every pp flop. Finished with 5850 in chips.

5th level. Stole with AJ and folded a bunch. Folded KQo and 55 to some big bets. Finally, I look down in the CO to red AA. With my last 4700, I push them all in the middle. The SB thinks for 3 minutes. He's got 17k or so. He's trying to put me on a hand, and I give my best hollywood, "please don't call me act". Finally, he puts them in the middle, and my FIRST and only showdown of the entire day happens with me all in (only the 2nd all in for me in 9 hours of poker). He flips over 88, spikes an 8 on the flop, and sends me packing. I was 0-fer the day trying to hit a set, and get busted on that exact thing.

What a brutal way to end such horrible cards. Here's hoping for the rest of the 2+2 group. I feel ok that I know that there just was nothing I could do. I hit 1 flop the entire day (KJ and AQT flop, and it won just a little). Seemed like nobody folded to my continuation bets. Just a very frustrating day, and a sucky way to end it.

gc
Old 07-10-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: gcDanno WSOP trip report (long)

Sounds oober frustrating.

Bettet luck next year !

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 05:05 AM

Default Re: gcDanno WSOP trip report (long)

How long were you playing for?

At least you played well, I was in my crap home game while you were there, im sure your night was better.