Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2004, 05:16 PM

Default Bob Ciaffone- high stakes pro?????????????????

I read something from Ciaffone, I think it was from cardplayer. It talked about how he played 1/2 and 2/4 online, and only 1 or 2 tables. I have heard he is one of the well-known coaches, and just thought it was odd that he coaches a lot of players but probably doesn't make very much playing 1-2 tables of 1/2 and 2/4 limit online. Seems like he would be playing a lot higher stakes. Anyone know why he plays so low?
Old 10-19-2004, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Bob Ciaffone- high stakes pro?????????????????

[ QUOTE ]
I read something from Ciaffone, I think it was from cardplayer. It talked about how he played 1/2 and 2/4 online, and only 1 or 2 tables. I have heard he is one of the well-known coaches, and just thought it was odd that he coaches a lot of players but probably doesn't make very much playing 1-2 tables of 1/2 and 2/4 limit online. Seems like he would be playing a lot higher stakes. Anyone know why he plays so low?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who knows, Ciaffone has been playing in mid-high stakes PL games for decades.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he doesn't trust high-limit online play, or he just uses low-limit online play to gain ideas for his writing.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:54 PM

bob isn't a limit player. he is most likely playing in pot or no limit games with those blinds. if he were capable of beating larger games, he would be playing in them.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:36 PM

Internet No-Limit Holdem

I'm pretty sure he was just trying it out and that he could beat bigger online games if he wanted.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:42 AM

a) maybe he doesn't trust higher games online.

b) he's writing a new book on no limit holdem, and he will be giving advice on internet play. So maybe he was just researching what the typical online no limit player was like, given that a lot of the people that buy his book will be playing these games.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:44 AM

His weak tight ass would get handed to him at 1/2 and 2/4 online.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:46 AM

If you think Ciaffone is a weak tight limit player, you should read his 'improve your poker' book.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:03 AM

Why, is he even more weak tight in that book? That's actually impossible to imagine. I've just read his mid limit hold em book.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:18 AM

Ciaffone has an advertisement for Partypoker in the back of his middle limit book (which by the way is great IMO, and I don't think he is weak-tight at all.) So if Ciaffone is playing at partypoker there is no game higher than the 200 Max tables which are 2-4. I'm sure good old Bob could make a nice hourly rate just fine playing one or two of those tables. I also don't think the number of tables means anything. I am not surprised that someone who has spent his entire life playing one table live could have some difficulty adjusting to multi-tabling on the internet.