Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Yo, Seattle Posters

[ QUOTE ]
Other than that, Palisade is an excellent place.. about as expensive as the Metropolitan though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, Palisade is nowhere near the cream of the crop. Decent, but not great, and certainly not worth the money. Skip this one.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before you leave, make sure to grab a late night burger at one of (6 I think) Dick's Drive Ins.

[/ QUOTE ]

And make sure you get one of their "I Love Dicks" T-Shirts! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About five years ago, I bought a bowl of clam chowder at a lunch-counter/dive/tourist-trap located a few yards north of the Alaskan ferry terminal. They served it to me in a styrofoam bowl with a plastic spoon and some cellophane-encased Sunhine saltines. It was the best clam chowder I'd had in decades. I had three bowls of the stuff. Maybe some of the Seattlites know the name of the place. On the other hand, maybe I hallucinated it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could have been the Ivar's walk up chowder bar. It's located near the ferry terminal. Ivar's has been a Seattle staple for decades, and yes, they make excellent chowder. You really can't go wrong with any of the restaurants on the waterfront from Ivar's in the south to Anthony's in the north. Ok, I can't recommend Red Robin, but if you want a cheap burger it's not too bad. The Crab Pot is also excellent, they will bring an entire bowl of seafood out, dump it on the table, and let you go to work with a wooden mallet and your hands.

As for Mexican, I like Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown. I might be bias because I only live a few blocks away so I frequent it regularly. Not a normal Mexican place, 50s themed and no Mexicans, but some of the best burritos you'll ever have. I wouldn't reccomend it for an nice dinner, but if you want a quick lunch or cheap dinner, it's a great spot.

There is also the Muckelshoot which has a pretty good buffet, a little out of the way down in Auburn, but if you are looking to play a little poker while you are here, it's a good spot to get a meal.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:56 PM

I live 3 hours north of Seattle . . . so I'm no local but, I've been to both Anthony's and the Met and I'd say those are both good suggestions. My favorite lunch spot is a little hole in the wall at Pike's Place market called, Emmitt Watson's oyster bar. I've never had a bad experience there. The Clam chowder is top rate and the fried (clams,oysters or fish) and chips is very good as well. I'm sure there is better in Seattle but the place kind of has an atmoshpere and I would say is a must do. Also, I'll leave it up to the Seattle guys as to whether it's a good suggestion or not , but I always found FX McRorys (sp??) near Union station to be a good place for a late night beer and some nibbles.

my 2 cents

busguy
Old 05-24-2005, 02:33 PM

I think El Gaucho is really overpriced with mediocre food.

Cascadia is a great restaurant, with a seasonal pacific NW menu that usually has a good selection of in-season seafood

The Met is fantastic for food and atmosphere

Assaggio is a decent italian restaurant downtown

Hing Loon is my personal favorite for chinese in the int'l district (though GoT's recommendation is also great)

Freakin
Old 05-24-2005, 02:48 PM

drive down to tacoma for a few hours. check out my alma mater, university of puget sound (campus is one of the more well-kept in the nation). then, drive down towards the waterfront and try luciano's (italian), the ram (brewery), or trattoria grazie (italian).
Old 05-24-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Update and reservations

Thanks for the ideas. I made a reservation at the metropolitan grill for friday. Have not decided on others yet.