Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2004, 01:05 PM

Default Canadian Poker Championship hand

Hi all,
I mostly just lurk, but I thought this hand may be of interest to some. 16 players left, in the money, increase in prize money every player. The blinds are $7K and $15K with a $1K ante. Average stack size is $110K, in other words MOST players are short-stacked. I have $205K other player has $154K, and I am immediately to his left.
The other player is new to the table and the only hand he has been involved in so far it was folded to the SB who raised, and then the player in question thought for a bit and then moved in, claiming later he had a pocket pair.
The Hand in question. Other Player (OP) opens for $30K in MP, doubling the blinds I have AK, next to act. My read on this player this hand is that he is weak, and I have reasonable indications that 2 of the remaining 4 will fold, and the other two have yet to look at their cards.
What is my play and why? I will post my thought process at the time of the hand, as well as what I thought later, and what I believe the other player was thinking during the hand.
Thank you for all replies,
turtlestar