Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 02:43 PM

Default TPTK 50NL

villain 56/11/.52 over 180

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($40.45)
UTG ($19.28)
Hero ($58.40)
Button ($20.65)
SB ($53.58)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.35) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, Button calls $15.65 (All-In), Hero calls $9.65.

Turn: ($41.65) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($41.65) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $41.65

TPTK is easily where i run into the most trouble determining if i'm WA/WB

is this standard going against a shorty?

was the c-r lame?

all comments welcome!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: TPTK 50NL

When you lead the flop, less of your stack is in the middle, so you are not committed to calling a push. $20 is still 80bb, so villain isn't really short-stacked. If you bet and his raise means 2-pair or better, then fold. He seems to be pretty passive from the stats, did you have a better read?
Old 12-05-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you lead the flop, less of your stack is in the middle, so you are not committed to calling a push. $20 is still 80bb, so villain isn't really short-stacked. If you bet and his raise means 2-pair or better, then fold. He seems to be pretty passive from the stats, did you have a better read?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn.. i couldve sworn this was a 50NL table, not 25NL.

i think either my hh is effed, or the converter.. or maybe i'm just an idiot.

so i guess he wasn't short.

i read that he had Ax but most likely AJ or AQ.. did not figure him to be calling pf with a weaker Ax for the 2pr
Old 12-05-2005, 02:53 PM

This is a pretty aggressive play from a non-aggressive villain and would lead me to caution. However, with your line (c/r), you have to call the all-in.

Also - I'm probably c-betting this flop instead of a c/r. With a passive villain, you will probably see this checked through more often than not, and you become less pot-committed.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:55 PM

I really don't like the check/raise. Aren't you leading with KK/QQ here? It's just so obvious what your hand is, I don't see how you can get a worse hand to pay you off.

Also, I don't get into the habit of trying to check/raise someone who wasn't the pre-flop aggressor. It whiffs way too often and you give a lot of free cards.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a pretty aggressive play from a non-aggressive villain and would lead me to caution. However, with your line (c/r), you have to call the all-in.

Also - I'm probably c-betting this flop instead of a c/r. With a passive villain, you will probably see this checked through more often than not, and you become less pot-committed.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed - leading would have looked better i think. and the c-r made it so i HAD to call.