Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: You LRR me, so I CRR you back!

I love it, but you need to have the gutshot to make this right. Without the gutshot on the flop, I'd prefer to try to peel cheaply.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love it, but you need to have the gutshot to make this right. Without the gutshot on the flop, I'd prefer to try to peel cheaply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Even with just a flush draw, you'll make that slightly more than 33% of the time. Every raise on the flop is for value as long as you have at least 2 callers and helps tie people to the pot when you do hit.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would not 3-bet the flop because I want to keep UTG in the lead. If you hit your hand, you can then check-raise the field. The chance to get 2 extra BB with 95%+ equity is better than 2 extra SB with 56% equity IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think the turn ever gets checked through? Also, if I do check raise the turn in a protected pot, UTG may fold, and I might not get his BB. Furthermore, this disguises my hand, so I may induce extra action.

I am not sure if it is correct, but I sure liked it, and hope it is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn may get checked through, but you also may not hit your hand. Also, calling on the flop and check-raising the turn gives you more bluffing equity IMO (it looks like you slowplayed a monster).
Old 12-01-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would not 3-bet the flop because I want to keep UTG in the lead. If you hit your hand, you can then check-raise the field. The chance to get 2 extra BB with 95%+ equity is better than 2 extra SB with 56% equity IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think the turn ever gets checked through? Also, if I do check raise the turn in a protected pot, UTG may fold, and I might not get his BB. Furthermore, this disguises my hand, so I may induce extra action.

I am not sure if it is correct, but I sure liked it, and hope it is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn may get checked through, but you also may not hit your hand. Also, calling on the flop and check-raising the turn gives you more bluffing equity IMO (it looks like you slowplayed a monster).

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt I am winning this pot by having my opponents fold.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that talking about fold equity in a hand with a limp reraise is pretty silly. Either the guy has a big pair that he is representing OR he plays his hand like he has it so getting folds will be uncommon.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:46 AM

Does sb have JJ ?
Old 12-02-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does sb have JJ ?

[/ QUOTE ]

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 02:43 PM

you are getting some weird responses here.

getting a lot of bets in on the flop 3way is +ev. the way you played it allowed you to do that.

surfdoc is right that there is no fold equity here.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Even with just a flush draw, you'll make that slightly more than 33% of the time. Every raise on the flop is for value as long as you have at least 2 callers and helps tie people to the pot when you do hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

in situations with just a flush draw I really dont think it helps tie people to the pot. When you call/raise the flop on a board like this it looks like what it is, a set or the flush draw, when the 3rd flush card falls on the turn its an easy fold for people, and if it doesnt you might as well turn over your cards when you now check the turn, making it really hard to get paid off on the river.