Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Consider faking a tell

It is possible that Gordon has a tell, but having tells isnt as bad as it sounds, if you know about it. For example, a guy posts below that he shakes a bit when he has a monster. I have seen this tell a lot. I have it too. But, I also deliberately shake on non-big hands, bluffs especially. It is not difficult to deliberately shake, or do whatever it is that you are supposed to do as a tell. If you are aware of something that you do, just deliberately do it other times to throw any observant players off.
I find the same thing with playing ultra-tight. If you play ultra-tight, people can read you easier. But if they are intelligent to have picked up on it and do adjust accordingly, it becomes very easy to tell what they have too. Having a tell, or playing in a way that makes it easier for players to tell what you have is only a problem if you are not aware of it. Become aware of it and then every now and then just use that to pick up a pot here or there with a stone cold bluff. As long as you use it sparingly, you have an advantage, and the opponent at the same time THINKS they have an advantage. It doesnt get better than that.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Phil Gordon\'s Tell

Yeah, whenever he's bluffing Phil reminds Mike about all the money he owes him.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We can only pray that Evelyn Ng picks up that same tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else think she's not hot at all?

[/ QUOTE ]Some people do, some people don't. If she pulls her shirt over her head, it satisfies both camps.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:16 PM

I read the interview, too, and I have to say, I picked up a tell on MM. Something about the compilation of his words gave a lot away to me. Sure, I wasn't there in person, but sometimes you don't have to be.

What I gathered is that MM noticed that Phil, upon glancing down at his hole cards, will either immediately look left, or right, depending on the strength of his hand. MM deciphered that PG looks right when he's strong, and left when he has junk. This tell only helps MM if Gordon is bluffing PF with junk. Other than that he can assume PG will raise his "strong hand" anyway. Plus if MM is ahead of Gordon to act, he can fold nominal hands when he sees PG glance to the right.

Just what I gathered from the interview. My tell may be off.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:30 PM

I have a very small tell. I usually crap myself when I flop quads, but that is just me.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:05 AM

<<<< I want to fvck her.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:12 PM

...but...but you don't even know what color her eyes are...you...don't even know about her personality...
Old 10-05-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<<<< I want to fvck her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like a 5 year old.