Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-27-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Anybody playing mainly MTTs?

Gooday to you all!
I'm sorry if this is a rather silly question:

I'm actually just wondering if there is anyone here who pretty much only uses MTTs as a form of income? Is it s feasible way of making profits or is it very hard to over time get as much money as in CGs?

How many buy-ins would you say you need to play MTTs? I'm thinking I would probably like something like 100 buy-ins each lvl or so. Does that sound about right?

What are your experiences in playing mainly MTTs? I mean, how long cold streaks do you usually have? Is it possible to have a semi-stable income/month or per year?

Thankfull for any replies, suggestions and ideas! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Anybody playing mainly MTTs?

Many people use MTTs as their sole income source. There is a very high variance rate and it's suggested to have about 100 buy-ins for the level you plan to play it.

This is all covered in the FAQ, the stickied post at the top of the forum. If you don't find the answers there, the Anthology of 2+2 wisdom thread, which is also stickied at the top of the forum, will have all the answers you're looking for.