Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 12-05-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Phil Hellmuth and his internetshop are not to be trusted.

Hi guys. Let me tell you a sad story.

I ordered 2 DVDs with Phil Hellmuth from a webshop in Sweden, where I live. They came and I enjoyed them. In the DVDs Phil advertised the webshop www.mastersofpoker.com and I went there just for fun.

I saw a DVD that was not available in Sweden. OK, this was fun, I ordered it.

Being new to poker I felt that I had to stuff my head with some info, I have read 4 books and seen 3 DVDs about Texas Holdem.

OK, back to story.

I was eager and I ordered it with the HUGELY expensive fast shipping, I wanted the DVD next week. As I already said I was new and eager to see the DVD. I believe that the titel was the "Million Dollar Online Secrets".

The DVD cost $19.95 and the shipping cost $47.75 for a "International shipping 3 - 5 Business days".

I know the shipping cost freakin more than twice the price for the DVD but I don´t care. I wanted it fast and I wanted it safe (I don´t really trust international shiping that much, if it is not insured or similar). And it was not available in Sweden.

I paid for it with PayPal and I received the order confirmation from Masters Of Poker 2005-11-04.

Remember the shipping was supposed to be 3 to 5 business days? Well not it has been over a month. More than freakin 30 days!

I have NOT received any DVD!

I contacted them several times, now the "fun" begins.

They do not answer my emails.
They do not answer the phone.
They do not call me back if I leave a message on their answering machine.
They do not answer if I leave a message through their online contact-form.

What am I to do?

I called them several times.
I sent them three emails and twice I used the online contact stuff. (I was thinking if their email server somehow filters my emails at least this way I can get through).

Anyone a lawyer here? I am pretty pissed off, they are NOT going to steal my $68 and get away with it without me putting up a fight. What are my legal options here?

For a $47.75 shipping for a small DVD it had better be insured, or trackable with a shipment number or similar. It has not vanished into thin air, and if it has I had better get a new DVD because their insurance for the shipping had better pay for a second DVD.

THE THING THAT UPSETS ME THE MOST IS THE TOTAL FREAKIN SILENCE, AS IF THEY ARE TRYING TO JUST SCREW ME!!!!!

What am I to to??????

I RÉALLY want to WARN anyone dealing with Masters Of Poker. They are utter shitheads the way they are behaving, it seems. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Yours sincerely

Kent Kumpula
Sweden
Old 12-05-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Phil Hellmuth and his internetshop are not to be trusted.

I have no legal advice I can give you on this, but in future I recommend you use either Amazon.com or Conjelco.

PJS
Old 12-05-2005, 10:20 PM

Just wanted to second your thoughts on Masters of Poker. I ordered Hellmuth's dvd's through them, and a year of Cardplayer magazine also. They charged my cc right away, but it took several emails and complaining by phone in order to finally receive the dvd's, months later. I still haven't received any Cardplayer issues. I have just chalked it up as a loss as I am sick of dealing with them.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:48 PM

Well if you had paid with your Visacard, then it would be easy .. your bank would just give you back your money and the rest would be in their hands.

Paypal .. hmm ... good question.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:14 AM

I am pretty sure you have recourse through PayPal. Ebay owns them and I know they have dispute resolution procedures.

I would raise Hell with PayPal and see if I could get their account frozen.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:35 AM

If you don't believe me that by not receiving the DVD the $67.70 you spent HAS improved your poker game then pm your address and I'll gladly send you a copy of that DVD just to get it the hell out of my house.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I ordered 2 DVDs with Phil Hellmuth from a webshop in Sweden, where I live.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be the saddest story I've ever heard. I'm sure there's more, but I doubt it's relevant.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:42 PM

I had a situation where I paid a reasonable and sane price for an item from a website that never delivered and was impossible to contact. I used Paypal. I told paypal I was disputing the charge and showed what little documentation I had. Paypal couldn't contact them either, so they reversed the charge and froze the account. When you get your money back, take the time to search the forum for reviews on poker crap. If you can't find it, post for opinions. If you want to throw money around impatiently, let's sit down and play some cards. I'll sit with you any game any time.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I ordered 2 DVDs with Phil Hellmuth from a webshop in Sweden, where I live.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be the saddest story I've ever heard. I'm sure there's more, but I doubt it's relevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Kent Kumpula
sweden
Old 12-06-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't believe me that by not receiving the DVD the $67.70 you spent HAS improved your poker game then pm your address and I'll gladly send you a copy of that DVD just to get it the hell out of my house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, ha, ha!
If I end up with no DVD I might just take you up on that offer. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]