Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-27-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: I Know 2+2 Wants To Kill Me For This......

[ QUOTE ]
UTG will sometimes find a fold when it's 2 bets back to him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because of the narrowness of his range and because his UTG starters are so big, this will never happen.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:42 PM

I know a play that's better than folding.

Calling.

1. It's cheaper than raising. We're probably not getting great odds on the fourth bet.

2. It misrepresents our hand. TAGs never call with Big Slick. They will look at our stats and put us on roughly JJ instead. This will be very painful for them when we hit top pair or Broadway.

3. We learn about UTG's hand when he caps or calls.

4. We have good implied odds. If we flop an ace we will become a huge favorite and get paid. A king is also very good. Most of the time when we lose we will lose cheaply. Remember that the nightmare hands AA/KK are at half probability because we are holding one of each. They go down even further if we flop a pair.

5. That BB might call 2 BB cold doesn't concern me very much. It's more of a problem for the guy with 99. If I make a good hand I doubt BB will be happy with his investments.

Raising is an idea too. But when you are thinking about throwing AK away despite having money in the pot the coldcall is a good alternative.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:38 PM

I don't fold, and probably cap more than call.

UTG could be raising with huge range of hands, notwithstanding those numbers. And CO could easily be 3-betting with a middle pair. My numbers aren't that far removed from CO and I would certainly have no problem 3-betting with TT.

Really, the only question for me is whether to cap or to call, and that answer depends mostly on how these guys play post-flop. And I mean in a way that I don't think I could figure out from the numbers alone.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really, the only question for me is whether to cap or to call, and that answer depends mostly on how these guys play post-flop. And I mean in a way that I don't think I could figure out from the numbers alone.

[/ QUOTE ]
If they're "bad" postflop, they'll only be a little bad. They're favorites to have big hands based on their preflop stats, and big hands are pretty tough to misplay.

One thing that's for certain:

They are TAGs. If you miss, you'll be charged to hit and if you hit, they won't go 12 bets with the losing hand.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:09 AM

this 2+2er hates it for sure
Old 12-28-2005, 01:28 AM

Given your position and the opponents it looks fine to me.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:55 AM

cap > call > don't fold
Old 12-28-2005, 05:39 AM

I like the fold. Being caught OOP with your unsuited slick is hardly ideal to me against those stats. If it's suited i cap, and button with AKo is obvious.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:48 AM

I like a call. Your getting 3:1 to call assumming the raiser calls and the BB folds. If the BB comes along, your getting almost 4:1.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:38 AM

This is fantastic, several advocates of Calling, Raising, and Folding. Fun hand.

Tom, what are you doing if the raiser doesnt call but elects to cap? At this point do you have to call another bet for a flop?