Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-27-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Domestic spying is about politics, not security

[ QUOTE ]
You must then believe Saddam Hussein had ties to Al-Qaida.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, can you name one intelligent person who takes this claim seriously and believes it to be true?
Old 12-27-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, can you name one intelligent person who takes this claim seriously and believes it to be true?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that was my point. Intelligent people need to see credible evidence to form opinions.

Has the Bush administration used the NSA to spy on it's political rivals? I don't know and I will need a better source of info than Wayne Madsen to believe it has. The OP apparently feels differently.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't let 'em divert the theme of this thread. Bush is using Nioxian tactics to consolidate his power, checks and balances be damned.

This is what we know, imagine what we don't know.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't let 'em divert the theme of this thread. Bush is using Nioxian tactics to consolidate his power, checks and balances be damned.

This is what we know, imagine what we don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Convince me. Come up with a better source than Madsen.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, that was my point. Intelligent people need to see credible evidence to form opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

And as I will point out AGAIN: a credible evidence to the truth of the matter is GOV BILL RICHARDSON IS TAKING IT SERIOUSLY.

You didn't hear the Gov laugh it off and say, "What a nut case! What a crazy theory!"

No, what I think he said was, "I know George Bush, I've met him, and that slimey group surounding him is perfectly capable of something like this."

So like I said, did anyone take the Saddam/Terrorist claims seriously? That is evidence that they were false. People in the know ignored them.

Hey! Those lies came from the same group of people you are so ready to trust being able to spy without oversight.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:43 PM

Bush was denied wiretaps, bypassed them
WASHINGTON, Dec. 26 (UPI) -- U.S. President George Bush decided to skip seeking warrants for international wiretaps because the court was challenging him at an unprecedented rate.

A review of Justice Department reports to Congress by Hearst newspapers shows the 26-year-old Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court modified more wiretap requests from the Bush administration than the four previous presidential administrations combined.

The 11-judge court that authorizes FISA wiretaps modified only two search warrant orders out of the 13,102 applications approved over the first 22 years of the court's operation.

But since 2001, the judges have modified 179 of the 5,645 requests for surveillance by the Bush administration, the report said. A total of 173 of those court-ordered "substantive modifications" took place in 2003 and 2004. And, the judges also rejected or deferred at least six requests for warrants during those two years -- the first outright rejection of a wiretap request in the court's history.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:55 PM

From your link...

[ QUOTE ]
Sparks said Richardson's call to Dodd was triggered when he read an online story by Washington journalist Wayne Madsen.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like Richardson is trying to find out if Madsen is right. Richardson is looking for other sources and not taking Madsen at face value. We should do the same.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:59 PM

This is good info about Bush's wiretaps, but I was looking for info that the Bush adminstration used these wiretaps against it's politcal rivals.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:07 PM

God is she sexy. Love those boots.

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/After_...ying_1227.html

"President Bush and other top officials in his administration used the National Security Agency to secretly wiretap the home and office telephones and monitored private email accounts of members of the United Nations Security Council in early 2003 to determine how foreign delegates would vote on a U.N. resolution that paved the war for the U.S.-led war in Iraq, NSA documents show."
Old 12-27-2005, 04:15 PM

falcon, you should realize by now from some of the other threads, that the paranoid anti-Bush hacks don't really care if those sources and their stories are credible, because it could happen.