Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 12-13-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Tricky situation with multiple party accounts?

Okay, not looking to do anything illegal here.

But here's my situation:

I signed up with Party right after the split under the false hopes of getting rakeback. Obviously, my affiliate got shut down and now I'm getting no cash and for what I know, they could still be getting a cut for my play.

Lately, my wife has started playing. Now, she wants a party account. Before, I just kept her out of my way over on Pacific.

Anyway, I've contacted Party and they've said it is perfectly fine to set her up an account. She has her own bank account and neteller account, so I can just set it up at home from the current party app installed on our comp.

But then I get to thinking......

If I sign her up on my party client, is her account going to be linked to the same [censored] affiliate I signed up with?

I do not want this, as it's been proven that they aren't on good terms with Party. Also, I do not want them receiving a cut of her action for nothing in return.

What if she wanted to get under a different affiliate and receive a free $50 offer or something else? Does this require a clean computer, or could I just use the affiliate code when registering and get her linked to the desired affiliate? Or, is she just SOL?
Old 12-13-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Tricky situation with multiple party accounts?

Best bet... sign her up on a clean computer.

Once signed up it won't matter what computer she plays on.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:42 AM

Either download party onto a clean pc and sign up there, then go back to the old pc for playing.
Or
Uninstall Party from your pc and run a reg edit to remove the registry line that party puts on your pc. Then download party again and you should be able to open the new account with no problems.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:51 AM

I was just pm'd by an affiliate stating that I would not need a new computer. If I just signup and use the correct affiliate code with the new account it will be linked to the desired affiliate, meaning it will not be under the old affiliates tracker.

Can anyone confirm this?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:10 AM

A "clean" computer doesn't actually need to be a fully clean computer.

Uninstall Party, do the registry trick (removing the caclulator ucid, google this if you're unsure because I don't remember the full path to this), and delete all your cookies.

My GF switched from Empire to Party after the split and did not have a problem signing up under a different affiliate then me.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just pm'd by an affiliate stating that I would not need a new computer. If I just signup and use the correct affiliate code with the new account it will be linked to the desired affiliate, meaning it will not be under the old affiliates tracker.

Can anyone confirm this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you will find as soon as you try to sign up on the pc with party on it already a pop up will appear saying "it appears you already have a party account on this pc blah blah blah"
Old 12-13-2005, 11:26 AM

I have registered several hundred players on my pc and have never had a problem. Nothing has been changed in my registry either. The only problem I have is that if I try to sit in a room with one of the players I've registered, I get a popup telling me I can't.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:27 AM

Back when I wanted Empire, I followed the regedit trick to the letter of the law and it didn't work. I still got the message you just indicated. I'm not sure if it's my computer or windows XP or what. Does the regedit trick still work?

Ended up needing a clean computer in that situation. Problem is, I'm running out of clean computers.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Back when I wanted Empire, I followed the regedit trick to the letter of the law and it didn't work. I still got the message you just indicated. I'm not sure if it's my computer or windows XP or what. Does the regedit trick still work?

Ended up needing a clean computer in that situation. Problem is, I'm running out of clean computers.

[/ QUOTE ]

One clean pc that you can re-install xp on each time will work, as long as you don't use it for anything else.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:43 AM

Hmmm, so you're saying that I need to uninstall XP as well?

You weren't that clear, or I didn't fully understand you. My PC came with the XP software on it and I don't know if I could reinstall it.

I appreciate your help in this matter very much, btw.