Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2005, 12:26 AM

Default Caesars WSOP Circuit event report ( As requested by Steamboatin)

As many of you know I'm a floorman/dealer at Horseshoe Tunica so I had an oppertunity to help out with the Circuit event at Caesars Indiana. The fisrt few days we're awesome. There were an avarage of 20-30 single table satalites going at all times and the first event set records for a $300 event. As far as the staff at Caesars I can't say enough good things. They we're very receptive and welcomed us with open arms. Harrah's in general stuck us. They didn't cover any costs. I had to pay my own travel and hotel. They wouldn't even cover the $200 cost of a gaming permit for 2 weeks of work. If things don't change with that respect there won't be any dealers to deal the events. A couple other bad points were all tokes we're added to a check and you wern't paid till the event was over. No dealers that traveled could deal any live action. The poker dealers split with the pit. Cash, per gaming, can't play on a live game. In my opinion this hurt the side games in a big way. Many of the large "cash" games are called cash games for a reason. If the state of Indiana wants to be taken seriously within the poker world they're going to have to take a look at a few of their laws. All in all I had a great time. I wish I had a little more time to visit with Steamboatin but the hours I worked didn't allow much to do outside of work.