Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-21-2005, 10:05 PM

Default One of my favorite situations

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (2 handed) converter

BB (t5030)
Hero (t4970)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls t250, BB checks.

Flop: (t750) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1200</font>, Hero moves allin, BB folds.

Final Pot: t2550

Ok kind of got this to work. This is a favorite move of mine at the $215s. Basically this is a two card flop IMO. 82, I just pretend the ace isn't there.

So ok I bet the flop because they fold too often , by far enough to make it automatically +EV. Once he raises, there is very good chance he doesn't have an 8 or a 2, because these guys can be sophisticated too, and they know I don't have anything. I think that moving allin is a great play here in the right spot.

He will fold so much, very very hard for him to call with a duece, and I suspect some will even fold with an eight. If he has an ace and decided to forgo the +ev preflop push, then congratulations to him.

Anyway I had to show something exciting after my suggestion for the AQo hand where I suggested to check/fold top pair. Whenever I reraise allin with no pair/no draw and it works I'm always happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PS - If he has a draw and decided to check min raise me, then congratulations to him also, of course this is a terrible play on his part.

PSS - It's also worth considering a non allin raise, even keeping like 1k-1400 chips, since I can safely fold against an allin with my 7 high no draw.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: One of my favorite situations

Do you have any idea how -EV this is? I mean, its one thing to critique a hand, but to reveal a move? Wow....Thanks.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:09 PM

lol, yea Im sure everyone will crush me now.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

lol, yea Im sure everyone will crush me now.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know what i meant [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2005, 10:12 PM

I used to be a lot more open here but there are some things that I've decided finally not to share. I don't think this is that big a deal and it makes me too happy to not share the joy with all of you!
Old 07-21-2005, 10:12 PM

I'm calling you with an 8 here a lot of the time. You didn't raise preflop, and if you actually had the ace you're more likely to call my raise. But this is a very natural play if you had an 8 yourself, and that's probably what I would put you on and act according to that info and my cards.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:16 PM

Yes I expect to be called by an 8 most of the time, but I still think its +ev. However calling with a duece is really difficult for most opponents. Min check raising with an 8 is a sort of strange play also, but ok if I thought there was a great chance my opponent had an 8 I would not make this play.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Howd you do that??

Hi there,

I am new here but I am wondering how to use the bison hand convertor for the forums with a SNG hand history.

Whenever I press convert it says it does not support my hand history type, however you seem to have got it to work.

Would you mind explaining briefly how to do it?

Thanks!!
Old 07-21-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Howd you do that??

[ QUOTE ]
Hi there,

I am new here but I am wondering how to use the bison hand convertor for the forums with a SNG hand history.

Whenever I press convert it says it does not support my hand history type, however you seem to have got it to work.

Would you mind explaining briefly how to do it?

Thanks!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Go HERE (link) and comeback when your ready.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Howd you do that??

Aren't you nice..

However my question was aimed at curtains who may actually want to help.